Thread: Import and domestice dvds

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

Import and domestice dvds

I was wondering if anyone could tell me the difference betwen import and domestic anime. I know the basics (import is not form here, duh), but I'd like to know why there is such a price differental between the two. I wnat to get the Cowboy Bebop box set, and I've seen it for as little as $20 for the import. Is the major difference the video quality, or something else? A little help would be nice!

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    hrm....$20 for a boxset (from a store and not a garage sale) is...probably fake >.< which on top of being illegal, the are usually of a lower quality and grade.

Authentic imports should cost more than their local counterparts since they need to be shipped, taxed, etc. Usually imports are from their original creators, and licenced by their original creators. The real, domestic stuff is licenced by local companies who paid for the rights to the anime and have it either dubbed or subbed or both. not to say that all domestics are legal either....you can find fakies for domestic stuff easy. >.<

If the price looks shady, or the store itself looks shady, chances are, it's a fake. Photocopied covers, blank CDs with little or no elaboarate print on them, will be the stuff to look out for on fakies.

mmmm....also, imports, depending where you get them from, you may not be able to read them on your DVD player. Just like how VCRs had different "frequencies" DVDs are similar, so be weary of that too.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

i should have known

thanks for that info. i knew it was too good to be true. guess I'l just have to save up the money to make sure i get the good ones!

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    NB: be aware of regions!! Europe reagon number is 2, a dvd whith a regin number of 2 would not work on any DVD player sold in any other county but that region number(ie euoupe)!! (i think COMPUTER DVD's will allow this though) (thinking about it, here is the regon code list from http://hometheater.about.com/cs/dvdl...gioncodesa.htm)

REGION 1 -- USA, Canada
    REGION 2 -- Japan, Europe, South Africa, Middle East, Greenland
    REGION 3 -- S.Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Parts of South East Asia
    REGION 4 -- Australia, New Zealand, Latin America (including Mexico)
    REGION 5 -- Eastern Europe, Russia, India, Africa
    REGION 6 -- China
    REGION 0 or REGION ALL -- Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide, however, PAL discs must be played in a PAL-compatible unit and NTSC discs must be played in an NTSC-compatible unit.

I just wanted you to know! is would be realy annoying of you gete a DVD on import to find it won't play due to this !!