Thread: Are Indie movies slowly becomgin unindie?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Are Indie movies slowly becomgin unindie?

Well the Sundance film festival has grown over the years into the main media might. There are yearly usually 3 or 4 movies that make it out and are getting some Oscar buzz. Focus Features is one of the what I consider formerly indie production companies that has completely gone main stream with films like Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine, and 21 Grams.

I think it all grew from Kevin Smith's Clerks and Tarantino's Resevoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction in the early 90's. And since has slowly gained steam into the mainstream.

All facts aside I guess what I'm asking here is what is your definition of an indie movie? Is there a certain requirement? And why is it such a big deal to be indie now? Is it just a hip new trend or what?

With the abundance of super wacky action CG movies losing its popularity I feel like indie films are becomign more prominent. Kind of like the next new thing in American cinema. What do you guys think? I mean action flicks will never go away, but could they be rivaled by indie? Is there potentially two different types of cinema industries rising to popularity?

Just wanted to add this Garden State made 29 million box office. Thats crazy for an indie flick.

Newbie anothermeanotherperson may be famous one day anothermeanotherperson may be famous one day anothermeanotherperson's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i do watch indie movies. i have to say that to make a indie movie indie they have to have some music in there somewhere. but what i hate about the indie movies is that they make the main guy seem so bad but then he will have to go and sing and dance, acting lover boy. i mean arent he suppose to be mean and tough. and i know that tough guy dont do that. i mean my boy friend will kill me if i try to make him cofess his love in a song form.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Please don't post in threads that have been dead longer than two weeks.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.