Thread: Internet Explorer

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks

Internet Explorer

Alright... dont spam how IE sucks and i should use firefox because I already am. Though, I need to fix my Internet Explorer so that i can play on MSN Zone. I can't use it and I can't reinstall it (it says i have a newer version than 6.0 and it wont reinstall).... So, i dont know how to fix it. Can somebody please help me? I've tried removing adware, downloading various IE cleaners, none have worked and im running out of ideas. Thanks.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Try going to microsofts website and downloading the latest version of the program, then install it over it.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/default.mspx

You might also want to try installing Microsofts Anit Spyware program (I am kinda shocked that I'm saying this, but its more powerfull then adaware and spybot)

It has some tools that fix explorer.

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks
    haha problem is that i can't install it because it thinks there is a newer version updated onto my computer... wierd huh?

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    start >> control pannel >> add remove programs >> add /remove windows components

Uncheck internet explorer and click next. this will remove internet explorer from your system. then reboot (cause windows likes to and it ensures that a new install wont get a "ghost" of the origional problem)

then install IE!

then repeat but instead install firefox.

alternatively you can see if you can trick MSNzone into thinking firefox IS IE6.0

*note if you are using other than XP the steps may be slightly different but it shouldn't throw you too bad*

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"