Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Internet Explorer Blows!!

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    no, IE is really part of the windows core, that is why it has problems. A browser doesn't upload viruses into your computer unless you are stupid enough to have functions like that enabled. Firefox has automatic presents, which I love, but its Outlook express the culprit.

Mozilla's answer is Thunderbird. Combining firefox and thunderbird helps anyone.

Newbie Melanic may be famous one day Melanic may be famous one day Melanic's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've tried to use firefox before, but the lack of Active X made using some online apps impossible.

Has anyone found a simple foolproof way of implementing it?

I tried to install some active X add on for Firefox, but I could still never run some online virus scanning programs.

I ended up going back to IE.I figure with my hardware firewall, Zonealarm, and Antivirus all running in the back ground, i'll be ok. No major infections so far...

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    Is internet explorer really that bad? I mean. I started to use firefox. But it was too slow. Did anyone else have that problem? I switched back to IE which I'm using now.

Could someone elaborate on how firefox is better than IE?
    Must agree it's slower than IE. IE being part of the core will help its speed. Page loading however, its not so bad. Try the optimization stuff in the other thread...it really helped a lot.

One point where it's better than IE is that it's standards COMPLIANT. My webpage is being a pain as I'm trying to make it crossbrowser compliant right now. And IE is the one giving me a headache. NOT the others as some other people like to believe.

IE is more virus prone simply because it's so widely used. People tend to forget that Linux and Firefox and the like are less prone to viruses not ONLY because they fix or don't have certain security holes but it's also, people don't normally design virii aimed at these browsers. Most people use windows and IE, so they hit those.

I, like many others tend to look the other way when Firefox doesn't perform that well simply because its less mature than IE. But IE is by no means a Great browser. People should try the others out and see which one they like best. If you're behind a good router...you have close to no problems with virii (I don't even remember the last time i was infected by a virus).

Don't blame the tool, blame the users But I'm still liking Firefox right now....the speed is a downside I can live with right now. Tabs & FireFTP are making me happy right now
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Newbie Shien may be famous one day Shien may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well.. I haven't used any of those before.. I've used IE my entire life.. o.O I think I need an upgrade.. lol.. where can I find it?
    My Dark Kindered Spirit Guide Me Through This Errant World..

Newbie Socks Stolen - 45 pairs

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    you can find Firefox at www.mozilla.org download the latest version

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2