Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Interracial Relationships

Newbie Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel's Avatar
    Thanks
    I fall for girls, like snow falls from the sky in the Arctic. I've been out with so many women in my life, atleast half of them were of another race. There's not much point putting this subject into a debate because people on these forums are normally mature enough to(how do i put this) 'not' be racist. I know i'm definately not.

Sig kindly made by Hikari Sakurai

Newbie emilymousy may be famous one day emilymousy may be famous one day emilymousy's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've never been able to understand how any person could even think about taking race into consideration with dating, or anything else for that matter. It shouldn't matter and for a lot of people (at least that I know) it doesn't.
    A world where no one dreams and no one believes in the future. Such a world is, itself, a mistake. - Boogiepop

Otaku fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai may be famous one day fantasygirl_lai's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think it's fine to date someone of a different race, i am. my bf is caucasian(white) and when i asked him abt it, he was like he didn't even notice or thought about the fact that i was a different race than him. my parents on the other hand... took a while abt the idea of me dating white.. still am. But dont care what others think or say, as long as both like each other that's all that important
    Signature exceeds limits and has been deleted by Hassun

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's horrible to stick race and love together because anyone can love anyone just like I love P-Chan.em.

mousy
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree with everyone, race doesn't matter at all, as long you cherish and trust each other and love each other, who gives a crap. Race doesn't matter at all.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    It Should never be a problem, well i think anyway because i tend to fancy people who are not white. If other people have a problem then they should deal with it in a way!

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think that this is a no-brainer. Of course there is nothing wrong with it! It all depends if the individual is racist or not.

Jimmy: So, what if people lean toward one race and not the other? Does that make them racist?

Jonny(me): well the definition is "being discriminatory especially in the matters of race or riligion. So, yes Jimmy, that makes them racist. Is it our problem to tell them not to be? is it wrong to be racist?

Jimmy: Gee, I never really thought about that. I guess we should respect others and let them decide what kind of people they want to hang out with, and who they want to hate.

Jonny: Yes, even though one group may disagree with what others think, there is essentially nothing wrong with racism as long as they don' t take action for their beliefs. Essentially, I don't think its right, but It's really up to the individual. If he's just that way, he has to respect others opinions too, just as we do. If he closes off all other opinions and beomes a "close-minded" then it is wrong. So that's really the difference of having a preference and being racist. You might have a preference that would be considered racist, But you if you are racist, you have a preference period. Again, if that preference turns into hate and dismay, then its wrong.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ted Turtle
    Do you think it's ok for couples of different races to go out with each other? I was wondering how you guys feel about it. Do you think others have accepted it yet? Do your parents accept it if you do? I don't mind dating someone of a different race than me. I had a bad experience with my last girlfriend who was a different race than me and I have backed off of dating to think about things that we use to talk about on the lines of race. Now I'm thinking of asking out another girl of a different race hoping that the same thing does not happen. So I was just curious how you feel about the subject.
    No, of course there's nothing wrong with it.

It is important however to realize that if you don't have a same/similar culture and/or religion you are going to have a harder time. Relationships can be hard enough as it is. If your differences are large enough, expectations wise, it might be a good idea to pass. If you believe you can work through it with that person, go for it. Just do it with your eyes open and it will be much easier on both of you. And remember, compromise will be necessary on both your parts.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast