Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Iran Enriching Uranium

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Iran Enriching Uranium

Check these out before posting...

Iran Breaks Seals at Nuclear Plant 8-10-05
    Iraq Bombs Clearly From Iran 8-10-05
    Iran Warns Over Nuclear Impasse 8-11-05

And I quote from from the latter of the three links:
    "European countries should "think twice" before taking any action that might be considered "coercive."

I don't know about you guys, but to me this sounds like a nuking waiting to happen. That was a direct threat from Iran, one in which they will soon be fully capable of following through on.

Your thoughts...?
    Last edited by Zarriff; Aug 11, 2005 at 11:00 PM.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Iran Enriching Uranium

i doubt there's much chance of iran making a bomb let alone bombing anyone. they are just trying to give themselves some room to move in the world market. as for the iranian bomb in iraq it easily could have come from iranians but that doesn't mean the iranian government is supporting iraq.
    besides why shouldn't iran have nukes? america has nukes and i don't see any great willingness to get rid of them. lots of eu countries have nukes too, yet all these big heavily armed countries seem to be demanding that poorer weaker countries disarm. why?
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about. Just because Iran is an Arab country doesn't mean it can't handle the power of having nuclear armaments properly like the US or other EU nations.

The way I see it, if you want to eradicate the use of nuclear weaponry, then every nation should stop producing them, and not have selective embargos like what's happening now.

So what if a country like North Korea or Iran develops nuclear weaponry? It's not like they're planning on using it arbitrarily.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

The problem with Iran is that the nuclear power plant is fully operational, which means they can easily develop nuclear bombs now. And the problem with Iran having nuclear weapons is that they acctualy threaten to use them. When we used them in WWII, we had different motives for it. We wanted to "minimize" losses from the war and end it quickly, Iran wil use them to maximize losses and to start a new war rather than end one. And with the number of nations that hate us, if even one nuke is dropped by Iran, it'll be a new world war.

??*Everyone Here Hates Me??* Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa may be famous one day Zackraa's Avatar
    Thanks

im moving to canada a country which has no weapons pointed at it

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

The reason it is a concern is because there is reason to believe that the new President of Iran is a known terrorst that was involved in abducting US citizens in the past.

[edit= whether or not he was a leader is evidently still under debate.]
    Last edited by Arrianna; Aug 12, 2005 at 01:34 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    The reason it is a concern is because there is reason to believe that the new President of Iran is a known terrorst leader that was involved in abducting US citizens amoung others in the past.
    That's a disturbing thought... The last thing this world needs is a leader that possesses nuclear arms AND has a criminal history. This is why I'm glad I live in the middle of nowhere, I won't be in the crosshairs.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

So I assume you don't have a military base anywhere nearby?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast