Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Iran Enriching Uranium

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Iran Enriching Uranium

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    So I assume you don't have a military base anywhere nearby?
    I think the closest actual base is 2 hours away, and that's going 80mph. Of coarse the problem of nuclear fall-out still poses a problem. If this turns into a full scale nuclear war, then no one's safe, you can only hope to get a direct hit. Though I doubt it will be allowed to escalate to that point. If Iran uses those bombs before we do, then all of the other "concerned" nations will join in the invasion to put a quick end to it. just hope the first launch, if it happens, is only one nuke.

Newbie Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh may be famous one day Doobara_Dimagh's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Murder_of_Crows
    I don't think it's anything to be alarmed about. Just because Iran is an Arab country doesn't mean it can't handle the power of having nuclear armaments properly like the US or other EU nations.

The way I see it, if you want to eradicate the use of nuclear weaponry, then every nation should stop producing them, and not have selective embargos like what's happening now.

So what if a country like North Korea or Iran develops nuclear weaponry? It's not like they're planning on using it arbitrarily.
    FTR Iran isn't an Arab country, though they are a Middle Eastern one. See, their official language is Farsi, not Arabic, for one.

But to the point: They have every right to have nuclear technology as long as it's just a deterrent, and to be honest the only reason various countries need nuclear deterrents is because of the ammount of fear tha people have that they will be nuked, case in point India's nukes are a deterrent against China and Pakistan.

The real issue is nuclear nuclear waste and how to get rid of it.
    There is no spoon, Neo.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Having nuclear arms as a deterent has its own problems. If quite a few countries got a hold of nuclear weaponry to keep the other countries away, then it's only to create tension, and lots of it. If we all had nukes to keep another country from nuking us, then it's just asking for WWIII. and if WWIII comes about in that way, then it will have massive reprocutions including a nuclear winter. Every country wants to be ready to nuke all the others if anything happens, and this will without a doubt bring about the use of such weapons.

Devoted Otaku Quick Words Champion, Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Mah Jongg Garden Champion, Haunted House Champion Cheza may be famous one day Cheza may be famous one day Cheza's Avatar
    Thanks

[QUOTE=Doobara_Dimagh]They have every right to have nuclear technology as long as it's just a deterrent, and to be honest the only reason various countries need nuclear deterrents is because of the ammount of fear tha people have that they will be nuked..QUOTE]

True and that is good for them....but I mean if someone nukes the U.S. can't we just nuke them back?
    If they really had a desire to live, they would've been more aware of how easy it is to die.

Newbie Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cheza
    True and that is good for them....but I mean if someone nukes the U.S. can't we just nuke them back?
    I don't think that's the point here. While it is possible for the US to nuke back whoever nuked them (Hell, it's possible the US can nuke 'em back ten times more), the point of the matter is having the technology to create nuclear weapons to begin with.

Someone pointed out the issue of having nuclear arsenals as a deterrent, something that brings international disputes and animosity to a stalemate before it escalates to all out war.

World leaders, at least the ones with nukes, are going like "I've got nukes, and so do you. If you want me to launch them, you'll keep talking like that. Well, do you feel lucky, punk?"

So far it's been a good arrangement in ensuring 'world peace', whatever that means.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Not to worry folks. If you live in the US anyways. Iran lacks the capability to launch said nukes all the way over here. Only Russia and China aside from Israel and the UK. Have that capability.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot
    Not to worry folks. If you live in the US anyways. Iran lacks the capability to launch said nukes all the way over here. Only Russia and China aside from Israel and the UK. Have that capability.
    That's the way it stands for now, but if they can develop nuclear weaponry, then it's only a short matter of time before they develop ballistic missles with the range needed to reach us. Or they could pull a USSR and try to put them in Cuba.

As for having nuclear detterents; yes, anyone who nukes us, we can nuke back. As a matter of fact we could nuke everyone... a lot. That however, is where the problem lies. If one person nukes, the other nukes, and it just goes back and forth. If neither country excersices restraint or other countries join in with thier own nukes, then it's all over. Nuclear winter and radiation, which in that quantity will circle the globe with the weather, would kill us off.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

M.A.D. what a fun concept for world peace.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2