Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It's Frances fault! ;)

Otaku Weebl may be famous one day Weebl may be famous one day Weebl's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: It's Frances fault! ;)

I think they're mad because they have to relay the info. Like they're trying to get us to get our own informants that don't jump from country to country just ones that are from the u.s and for the u.s. Its they're way of saying they don't want to be involved in a war that we are in not one that france is in.
    Now announceing........*drum roll*
    Mr.Aiora..

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Weebl
    Its they're way of saying they don't want to be involved in a war that we are in not one that france is in.
    Would that also be why they told President Bush that they would support him and then after giving them the information went out publically and said they never would? I have always found it a little weird that we got all this information about Saddam and other terrorists from France yet their gov constantly stands in the way of doing anything with it.

I don't know. It sounds like dirty politics to me. I've been told that we in the US have nothing on Europe for dirty tricks and corruption. That in Europe it is assumed that all polititions are corrupt and they wonder why we in the US are ever surprised when one of ours turns out to be.

Considering the wide variety of people on this board I'm hoping someone might have an idea just what Chirac's admin would have to gain from this.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Depending on how he plays his cards, Jacques Chirac could gain a moral boost, for himself and the French; other than that, I don't see an apparent gain in the works for him. The French apparently love the man, though in my opinion he's nothing but an old fashioned sophist with nothing to say but a great way to say it.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

On the other hand, as far as military weapon sales go, France ranks third in the world, with only the US and Russia out selling them in world wide sales. Considering that the Middle East contains several clients that France sells too, increasing tensions in the Middle East could be viewed as discrete promotion of French exports to the region... (France has been far more aggressive in protecting it's local industries and promoting exports then the US, or most other European countries...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie teddeler may be famous one day teddeler may be famous one day
    Thanks

IMHO (i.e. I'm guessing) France doesn't understand us anymore than we understand them (or at least I don't). I don't think they believed for an instant we would ever really invade Iraq. They were just trying to play dirty politics as usual and then got the shock of their lives. What they were actually trying to accomplish I don't know. Maybe they thought we would posture a bit, make Iraq more afraid of us and therefore more reliant on the underhanded deals they were making with France.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2