Thread: J-pop

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up J-pop

I've noticed J-POP in even th most american of things like the game Resident Evil which features the song Kôri no Manazashi (or Gaze of Ice) by Fumitaka Fuchigami. BTW, that's my favorite J-POP song. I find this cool yet odd. Not saying this is a bad thing, I love J-POP.
    Has anyone spotted J-POP in things not made in Japan?

Although Resident Evil was made in Japan the US version did include the JP theme

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: J-pop

the only thing that comes to mind is Puffy AmiYumi's music in Teen Titans
    Teen Titans is an American-made show
    so... yeah....

oh yeah, and the show "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi" is also American-made
    Last edited by Innerhell; Dec 22, 2005 at 06:04 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

:blink:
    I think I'm the only one who doesn't watch those shows.

Newbie Enishi-Kun25 may be famous one day Enishi-Kun25 may be famous one day Enishi-Kun25's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, the shows that have been listed above might be american made...but have a Japanese influence upon them. Resident Evil...originally made from Japan..."Biohazard". And "Teen Titans"/"HI HI Puffy Ami Yumi" are american made but "teen titans" are (I think) directed by this guy named Glen Murakami<--Japanese? and HI HI Puffy Ami Yumi...the main characters are modeled after the Jpop/rock artists...Ami and Yumi.
    Back to the original question...
    It's really kinda hard to say. I think there's always a little something similar to all cultures in a product or whatever. Like highlights in hair, spikey hair with gel...ya know those kinda things. And how bout that Gwen Stefani...Harajuku Girls...
    "...Think not on what you lack as much as on what you have..."

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Innerhell
    the only thing that comes to mind is Puffy AmiYumi's music in Teen Titans
    Teen Titans is an American-made show
    so... yeah....

oh yeah, and the show "Hi Hi Puffy AmiYumi" is also American-made
    That is the only one that I know of. Just to let you know, I don't watch that show, but my little sister does. That is how I know about that show, I personally don't watch that kids show.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    I've noticed J-POP in even th most american of things like the game Resident Evil which features the song Kôri no Manazashi (or Gaze of Ice) by Fumitaka Fuchigami. BTW, that's my favorite J-POP song. I find this cool yet odd. Not saying this is a bad thing, I love J-POP.
    Has anyone spotted J-POP in things not made in Japan?

Although Resident Evil was made in Japan the US version did include the JP theme
    yeah dude I listen to resident evil to,Masami Ueda, which resident evil r u talking about?

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper