Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Jade Empire

Otaku Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79 may be famous one day Kiri79's Avatar
    Thanks

Jade Empire

Reviews say its the best RPG of the year. Its on my list (along with Ninja Gaiden), but I just wanted to get more opinions from the AO experts befor I decide to buy that one, too.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Jade Empire

I bought that game the day it came out. It's not as big a deal as the magizines made it out to be, not to me anyway. It's a great game, though a bit on the easy side. The fighting is much like Fable, which makes the game fairly easy to adjust to. Other aspects like the different fighting styles are a real nice touch, though you have to mannually switch between them. I havn't played the game in a while, so if you want it, you can have it. Cheaper that way

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks

Jade is a great game. It does however have some graphical flaws that annoy me. I am able to run through objects etc. I believe at this stage no game should be having these problems. There was a cinematic where my head was in Dawn star's face it was scary too look at man scary.. Other wise though it has a tight story line and I really enjoyed it, I recomend jade empire to every rpg gamer out there.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    Jade is a great game. It does however have some graphical flaws that annoy me. I am able to run through objects etc. I believe at this stage no game should be having these problems. There was a cinematic where my head was in Dawn star's face it was scary too look at man scary.. Other wise though it has a tight story line and I really enjoyed it, I recomend jade empire to every rpg gamer out there.
    It did have some rather annoying clipping didn't it? The only reason games these days have such is flaws are;

1) The company is too low budget to spend the time to fix all the bugs
    2)The scale of the project itself pushed too far into the deadline and they were unable to find and fix ll the glitches in the game.

In this case, it ws the latter of the two. Not enough testing, and not enough time to fix it. Testing is a huge part of game development... look at Blizzard. They started StarCraft Gohst how long ago...? One prime example of how NOT doing enough testing can ruin a game is Driver 3; glitch galore!

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    Collision detection plagues almost all of the games out there for this generation of consoles. Let's hope the next gen consoles will fix that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    The only reason games these days have such is flaws are

1) The company is too low budget to spend the time to fix all the bugs
    I'm glad that doesn't apply to Bioware(Creator of Jade Empire).

2)The scale of the project itself pushed too far into the deadline and they were unable to find and fix all the glitches in the game.
    I'm not sure about that one. Some say it was released when they felt it was finished but people still found a few glitches. This also happened to Bioware, not only for this title, but also for Knights of the Old Republic 1 and 2. That's why these games have some pretty bad glitches in them, some affect the game experience, others aren't real big to notice. Kiri79, thankfully, these few glitches aren't as bad asd you think and they won't make you hate the game.

Testing is a huge part of game development... look at Blizzard. They started StarCraft Ghost how long ago...?
    That wasn't the problem when concerning Starcraft Ghost. It had nothing to do with the game itself, it was the Development team's struggle with blizzard.

Here's what really happened...
    Quote Originally Posted by Answers.com
    During the summer of 2002, the entire Nihilistic Software development team, the original developer of the game, quit en masse after an internal power struggle with Blizzard Entertainment. At the time, Slashdot and Penny Arcade reported that the team had already completed more than 85% of the game engine and 40% of all level design. Following the resignation, Blizzard pushed back the release date of the game to January of 2003, only to push it back to "early summer 2003" in October of 2002. Blizzard went out on the market to look for a new development team, while reassuring their customers that there was nothing to worry about, that Nihilistic Software had merely finished the job they were hired for, that there were no power struggles inside the company and that the game will be delivered on time. The date has been officially pushed back to January 2006.

I would also say Jade Empire plays like Fable somewhat. It's more of an Action RPG than just a plain RPG though.

Newbie Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows may be famous one day Murder_of_Crows's Avatar
    Thanks

Jade Empire is a great game. I recommend you buying it, if you're a fan of the RPG genre. Like what everyone here has said, it is a little buggy at times, but nothing so severe as to ruin the whole experience for you.

It may appear to be on the short side though, if you're the kind of player that trudges through the main quest just to finish the game, without touching the side quests.

The voiceovers are excellent, and some of the scenes are subtle easter eggs: they're actually tribute to old chinese warrior movies. The guys at Bioware have done their homework, obviously.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks

Jade Empire is a good RPG title for what platform its on and for whom made it but the magazines and websites highly over rated this title just because bioware made it for some reason people have no common sense and are simple mindless fanboys.

I like the game for what it is but i hate this title because of all the hype from the mindless masses that simply say the title is good just because bioware made it.Jan

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Answers.com
    During the summer of 2002, the entire Nihilistic Software development team, the original developer of the game, quit en masse after an internal power struggle with Blizzard Entertainment. At the time, Slashdot and Penny Arcade reported that the team had already completed more than 85% of the game engine and 40% of all level design. Following the resignation, Blizzard pushed back the release date of the game to January of 2003, only to push it back to "early summer 2003" in October of 2002. Blizzard went out on the market to look for a new development team, while reassuring their customers that there was nothing to worry about, that Nihilistic Software had merely finished the job they were hired for, that there were no power struggles inside the company and that the game will be delivered on time. The date has been officially pushed back to January 2006.
    How the hell did I miss that? Probably 'cause I stopped tracking StarCraft Gohst a long time ago. But thanks for shedding the light on that for me. I just figured it was the same case as thier previous games which went through intense periods of testing.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast