Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Are jails needed?

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh boy ... well, I'd say under a regime such as this, the US I mean ... perhaps. But only in so far as prisons are a purported crime deterrent, were as they aren't, but rather a means to an ends or merely a system of figure pointing and accountability. One way or the other, jails are not efficient.
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Prisons only take effect on small time thugs, and petty thieves. People who undertake in serious crimes often don't change, if they are ever realesed. Plus crime bosses still lead their organizations from jail. This is especially true with drug trafficing, the drugs and or money is sent through the prisons. And the people who do this obviouly can't be thrown in prison since they're already there.
    Very true, but the government has the resposibility to remove criminals from a position where they can harm the rest of it's citizens. How they do that is up to them. Perhaps if they would actually execute the ones who are still committing crimes from prison like the mob bosses and drug czars we would see a drop in crimes like that and then we wouldn't need so many prisons.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    We could send prisoners up to the moon and have it serve as a huge prison world!

ok but seriously, I think we need prisons, it may not keep all the crime in and the worst people in there, but at least that's just a few more people we don't have to worry about.

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    umm.. ye i think we need prison's...
    Noone's nice all the time, gotta have somewhere to put unruely people.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Newbie aznpwincess may be famous one day aznpwincess may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You gotta punish the people who don't do nice things, which is why we needs prisons. If we got no punishment, then it'll all be chaos right?

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah i'd say its more of a punishment for the actions that people do, but the system does need a lot of work

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Of course they're needed. There are some really f*cked people who need a cage. It's just general safety for the public. No one like serial killers. . .. except... me . . .
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... good points. The jails are needed, but the system could improve. Like anything in this world, there is always room for improvement.

To progress this discution though(about are jails needed) think of this.
    What would happen if jails suddenly dissapeared. Would there be a better way of handling the criminal population?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast