Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Are jails needed?

Newbie Kamui may be famous one day Kamui may be famous one day Kamui's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe prisons are needed. They do give the society a secse of security and maybe sometimes act as a crime deterent. But when it comes down to the over-crowding ordeal or even the people that are serving life sentences for ruthless crimes, they should just use these people to go to war like in iraq or if we have a draf instead of sending citizens who have done nothing to disturb society.
    -Humans were meant to work and sweat to make a living, those who try to get rich quick or live at the expense of others all get divine retribution along the line.

-Survival of the fittest is the law of nature, we deceive or are deceived, thus we flourish or perish, nothing good ever happened to me when I trusted others.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    That idea sounds good, but the high risk of back fire is possible. we've sent people to jail before that were innocent, so sending an innocent criminal to war is just as bad as sending WILLING citizens to war. Plus, if other countries realized that these soliders are nothing more than theives or murderers, they may convince them with bribery think about it. If you're a criminal, the country sent you to war b/c they're hoping you'll die. That may get those soliders scared and they will betray their country.

I know I would.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's actually been done. WWII suicide mission, if they survived they got a pardon. It didn't work to well, criminals don't tend to be the most mentally stable. If I remember correctly the only ones to survive were the officers who were regular military.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3