Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Japan Hates the 360.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japan Hates the 360.

Just wait...Oblivion will help by offering an RPG that is more expansive than any other to date. Granted they shouldn't depend on Bethesda to carry their console like they did with the first box but gamers need 100+ hour games to carry them over untill there are more games available.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Otaku Wobbuffetking may be famous one day Wobbuffetking may be famous one day
    Thanks

Japanese like dance dance and rpg fight and others hot games. xbox don't have these games.
    Lies. The Xbox had Dance Dance Revolution: Ultramix, Ultramix 2, and Ultramix 3. Konami didn't bother to release them over in Japan though mostly due to the lack of sales of the xbox in Japan. Instead they took all of the new songs that appeared in those games (minus the licenses) and made them into the PS2 games DDR: Festival and the soon to be released DDR: Str!ke. Who would have ever thought...

And let me remind you that Xbox had one of the most kickass RPGs that I've set my hands on, KOTOR. I've heard that Jade Empire was quite well done also. But I had a feeling that those type of RPGs wouldn't exactly be favorable amoung japanese gamers.

I've come to notice that the Japanese gamer community is fasinated by unique, and sometimes even oddball, games. Games like Nintendogs, the DDR series, and downright weird games like Katamari Damacy are big hits overseas. I'm starting to see it happen over here also especially since all of those games that I've mentioned have had pretty good sales. I really don't see games like that being released on the Xbox 360 anytime soon.

In any case, I'm totally not surprised that they hate the Xbox 360.
    Last edited by Wobbuffetking; Dec 14, 2005 at 12:40 AM.
    Too cool for a sig.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm sure the 360 hates them right back.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Newbie SamIam may be famous one day SamIam may be famous one day
    Thanks

It should be interesting to see how things shape up ...

I would make the observation though that the first windows machines were very primitive and obviously lacking when compared to the Macintosh back in the early 80's ... but a strength of Microsoft is that they have the resources and business scope to utimately come out on top.

My prediction - in the short run Sony remains strong ... but in the long run ... when competing with Microsoft/Intel ... Sony follows the same path as Apple.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

they screwed themselves (well they were screwed) when DOA4 was pushed back. That was the number one game preordered. I think reports said thousands pushed back their orders to wait for that game. Which'll be like 2 weeks. It was the alltime best selling game in that country. Also their first big RPG for it Enchanted Arms was pushed back. So didn't surprise me at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    -snickers-

360 should rot in the abyss. Everyone should have waited for the PS3 to grace the stores.
    I'm sorry what was that? yes Mr. Cybergig1 I dont like to entice console wars with moronic posts and would never want to be the cause of it. Yeah thats what you were saying right? I'm actually getting a PS3 as well but doesn't mean I'm gonna suck Sony's -figure it out genius- in the process. You mindless brand whore. And btw I should change that title of yours to the official Suck up of AO. I mean really god I can't wait till it comes out. I think I'll get the 2nd run since with all Playstations the first batch are not only deadly they are more likely to cause a small fire than anything else. Not to mention the disc drives die, so I expect the blu ray drives in the 1,000 models to do the same. Then listen as all fanboys try to make up excuses for sony. Heck I almost did for the PSP but they deserve it they have almost no good games for it and have screwed me over till some decent ones come out.

As much as I love sony and my playstations/PSP I almost WANT them to lose just because of all the blinded asshole fanboys like Kasai in the world. Thanks for being such wonderful fanboys and ruining what it is to be a gamer for all of us with your annoying existance. Not to mention the one thing that brings up my bitter side.

Funny thing is people said the same thing about how Nintendo was "almighty and untouchable" funny where are they now? oh yes limping along in 3rd living off only their handheld sales
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Dec 14, 2005 at 03:05 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Funny thing is people said the same thing about how Nintendo was "almighty and untouchable" funny where are they now? oh yes limping along in 3rd living off only their handheld sales
    Heh...cmon, Gig. Ease off Nintendo a bit....yes we suck, but we're loyal damn it.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    I'm sorry what was that? yes Mr. Cybergig1 I dont like to entice console wars with moronic posts and would never want to be the cause of it. Yeah thats what you were saying right? I'm actually getting a PS3 as well but doesn't mean I'm gonna suck Sony's -figure it out genius- in the process. You mindless brand whore. And btw I should change that title of yours to the official Suck up of AO. I mean really god I can't wait till it comes out. I think I'll get the 2nd run since with all Playstations the first batch are not only deadly they are more likely to cause a small fire than anything else. Not to mention the disc drives die, so I expect the blu ray drives in the 1,000 models to do the same. Then listen as all fanboys try to make up excuses for sony. Heck I almost did for the PSP but they deserve it they have almost no good games for it and have screwed me over till some decent ones come out.

As much as I love sony and my playstations/PSP I almost WANT them to lose just because of all the blinded asshole fanboys like Kasai in the world. Thanks for being such wonderful fanboys and ruining what it is to be a gamer for all of us with your annoying existance. Not to mention the one thing that brings up my bitter side.

God damn Gig, that was straight up vicious, But I must agree with you on the fact that Enchant Arm and DOA4's push back are probably the two reasons why the 360's launch weekend was a major bust. I suppose people are pretty damn fincky to not pick up their console just because some games got pushed back, they'll have to get it eventually for when they're released. Whatever though, those consoles will be sold eventually, but the long term can't be determined by a slightly crippled launch like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    Hmmm. Sony is the best at RPGs, right?
    I would also like to note that Sony doesn't make RPG's, they mainly rely on Square Enix, who have noted much interest in putting the Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest main series on the 360. So... What now?

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by narrator
    Heh...cmon, Gig. Ease off Nintendo a bit....yes we suck, but we're loyal damn it.
    sigh I love my nintendo as well but its just too easy an example of how an empire always falls and the lead constantly changes, dont worry I love them too, well somewhat still ^_- for the childhood memories

oh and anyone thinking I'm an MS whore just head to planetxbox360.com whereI help some UK guys mod their forum. I do nothing but depend Sony and the PS3. I even went in on this very subject and said the same thing. Noone wants a 400 dollar paper weight. If there aren't games I want on a system yet I wouldn't buy it either. And yes the Japanese are extreme loyalist to companies in their country. So I dont blame them one bit. But still for some to take the ignorant stance like I've seen posted here before makes me sick. You know how I am though I love all consoles so when I see that kinda childish bullshit I get nothing but wound up

Besides I honestly never expect the 360 to outsell Sony in Japan. I doubt it'll even sell the Revolution if it did that would be a miracle. As long as they do well thats fine. Besides most of their core audience is in other countries, especially the UK.

And yes I can pick on first run Playstations since I owned both the PS1 and PS2 and both nearly caught fire. I love how they never owned up to the original PS1's overheating. Even though I hate to sit with a fan on it the entire time I played, else it would freeze up after an hour. I mean to be expected, but for anyone that wants to shout how great Sony is above having the same problems as other companies I've got a whole bag of facts to enlighten you.

I'm going to go play RE4 on gamecube now for Narrator XD
    Last edited by Cybergig1; Dec 14, 2005 at 03:25 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast