Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: japanese anime music or english anime music

Newbie SuperAkuma may be famous one day SuperAkuma may be famous one day SuperAkuma's Avatar
    Thanks

japanese anime music or english anime music

I've been listening to a lot of anime theme songs/anime music and I decided to listen to them in english and see how they sound I think they sound terrible I like the original japanese versions.
    I wanna know what opinions people might have on english versions of anime music or japanese versions of anime music. Which do you like better?
    Last edited by SuperAkuma; Apr 15, 2005 at 05:24 PM.

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks
    i prefer japanese because it sounds calmer and more romantic. it really speaks to me in a good way.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well this dub lover actually likes the japanese versions of an anime song better. Figure that!! I'd heard a few english ones I like, but not many. Even then it was sung by a japanese artist.

Newbie LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg's Avatar
    Thanks
    Totally agree with the above poster.I love my anime dubbed but I prefer the ops and ends in their original form.I might like to see the subtitles once to see what their singing about but other than that I cool.
    However the KiddyGrade english openings and endings were pretty well done; on the other hand the Drangon ball GT english openings were a disaster.What was wrong with the originals. :Thumbd:

What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Newbie Hiko may be famous one day Hiko may be famous one day Hiko's Avatar
    Thanks
    I prefer them in their original language. I really enjoy listening to Japanese music mostly because of Anime.

I don't like the english versions, but I do like to know the meaning of the lyrics.

Newbie heavens_dragon may be famous one day heavens_dragon may be famous one day heavens_dragon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LordGdawg
    on the other hand the Drangon ball GT english openings were a disaster.
    I totally agree with you on that! It was horribly done and I much prefer the original Japanese version.

I much prefer the original Japanese anime songs over English anime songs anyday though I agree with Hiko that it'll be a beneficial thing to know the lyrics ^__^

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Japanese and english, but I prefer Japanese to English... but you know, there's always a japanese song with like english chorus, etc... blah, nevermind.
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Out of all my 51/2 gigs of anime music, only a few are english songs. The english version of evert heart is very good.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast