Thread: Japanese Culture in America.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Japanese Culture in America.

What are your views on the Japanese culture in america, Do you think most japanes customs and views have intergated well with the american customs? and Visa versa, Do you think when American's move to Japan do you think they adapt well with the customs and religions?

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese Culture in America.

yea I think Asian customs have intergrated with America. for example, when I order "Chinese" food I always order, some pork fried rice, with some chicken wings. "Chicken wings" were created in America, and there are tons of places in America to get deep fried chicken, "KFC, Popeyes, ETC"
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Japan is definatly on a higher scale than america, so japanese culture is in the US. for example most people read Japanese anime and i don't think people in Japan would be interested in american comics unless it's like batman or superman. But if you think abotu it economicly, Japan comes out with everythign first and US buys. Liek PSP, was in Japan first, duh they created it.... and US got itl ike seen something month later. American culture is this immigrant dream of having a house in teh suburbs and money. Tokyo is fast moving with a dyign culture and a new rise of hostesses. I mean a hostess if paid ot just talk ot people in Japan and drink with you. In US girls are paid for have sex and teh yare not expected to talk. different values in entertainment too. I dunno, i like Japanese culture better. food too, sushi doesn't stuff me like Soda does.... I feel better after sushi and american food is all fried in oil... nastiness.... More Urban people lean towards Japan, you wouldnt' see Kimono's or those paper umbrellas or fans in Alabama.

Anti syndicate spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel may be famous one day spike spiegel's Avatar
    Thanks

im learning jpnese

"I let all that kind of blood away" Thanks Viper

Newbie Son-of-Sephieroth may be famous one day Son-of-Sephieroth may be famous one day Son-of-Sephieroth's Avatar
    Thanks

Same. But I'm teaching myself.
    I ave seen the world from both sides, but I still wonder if it really exists.

Otaku ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23 may be famous one day ffgirl23's Avatar
    Thanks

The only way someone can adapt to a new culture is to be open minded and willing to learn. I'm sure there are people who move to new countries and just can't get along in that culture because they refuse to accept the new way of living. It has nothing to do with religion, because that's a matter of faith. But I think that a lot of Americans would have a hard time initiallly getting used to Japan customs because they center around respect and team work, and family, and Americans are very self-centered, in that we think of ourselves first. There was a Japanese woman in my college classes, and she had lived here about 20 years, and she was still surprised about how there is a lack of respect, especially for elders, and how the families just aren't as close.
    But that doesn't mean that one culture is better than another. There are signifigant differences between every country when it comes to culture and practices. To think that Japan is better because they have the newest technology, or that America is better because of our economy is just being ethnocetric. If you have an open mind, you can learn a lot from other cultures, and you can incorporate what you have learned into your everyday life. That is the very point in learning about other cultures. You don't even have to move there to learn these things, you can research them yourself. And knowledge is power! (Sorry, I couldn't help it!)

And I remember now, at the top of my lungs in my arms, she dies, she dies.

Controlling you through a chip in your butt since 2004

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

I complete agree with the post above mine. if peopel were all open minded to each other's ideas, cultures and religions, we would all have one or teh same gods and goddesses, we would all speak the same language. everything comes from one place. for exampel latin is the root of all languages. people were all generally from africa, like evolution and migration. we just kidna spread out and claimed our lands. we created our own ideas and customes, and not suprising most of us have one god... like the branches of christianity.. which is ridiculous to how many different christian religiosn there are..... the point is that we all are the same, except some are more tanned than others and we should not judge others and be ethnocentric. plus i think it's good for everyone to learn at least five languages in their life time. we all need to connect somehow and put aside our differences. ethnocentricity is bad, don't do it. if we all accept the fact that there are six billion individuals on this planet, the world would be a much better place.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

(should I laugh?)
    everything comes from one place. for exampel latin is the root of all languages.
    and not suprising most of us have one god
    ethnocentricity is bad, don't do it.
    Surprise? You just were ethnocentric. All your examples are based upon European history. Non-european launguages are not based on Latin and once you step outside of Judeo-Christian (& Muslim) most of them have more then one "god".

But you are totally right. People realizing they're not alone on this planet, or that their way isn't the only one, would help.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!