Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Japanese develop 'female' android

Otaku FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel may be famous one day FallenAngel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Japanese develop 'female' android

okay the chobits thing is too creepy.... and i think some people have been watching too much anime like chobits, as it is.... and most likely they will be built with superhuman strength to do functions that normal people can't do. i mean if they weren't what use would they be? whatever the reason for building the android, you can bet that it will have powers and be able to do things that normal people can't. that is why they build these things not just for their own amusement.

Otaku AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado may be famous one day AnimeAficianado's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngel
    okay the chobits thing is too creepy.... and i think some people have been watching too much anime like chobits, as it is.... and most likely they will be built with superhuman strength to do functions that normal people can't do. i mean if they weren't what use would they be? whatever the reason for building the android, you can bet that it will have powers and be able to do things that normal people can't. that is why they build these things not just for their own amusement.
    all i have to say to that is that the more strength they are given, the more danger we put ourselves in if there is ever a malfunction and trust me, down the line, there will be. There always is, whether it's sooner or later, it will happen. That is the reason we have to be cautious in doing this...

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Zarriff
    The last thing I want is to have a woman that could crush me with one hand. Then again, I guess a lot of women could do that to me now. Might as well be an android.
    You do realize that they aren't superpowered or anything. It's fragile robotics... not super 'Terminator' robotics.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

I like to think, this is, in another way, the end of humans. Just imagine the use of these things in warfare. I can see it now: No more bloodshed! Help your country literally build an unstoppable army. androids could be incredible spys...Maybe robots won't kill us of their own will, but used as an advanced tool, in future wars...

*looks at post* boy, and I thought the "matrix" crap was bad...

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Unfortinately, there will always be bloodshed. The machines won't be reliable enough to fight on thier own anytime soon. Not to mention that war is no longer about anything that matters. We don't fight for land, or power, or to get revenge. It's all polotics now. War's become pointless.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

ha, ha, you live in america. America can and will do anything it can to protect its country. We already have hover technology and tons of other top-secret stuff. Though I doubt we will ever go that far for along time...as of now, it's highly plausable.

Of course I'm getting ahead of what's here and now. I mean the android's hands didn't even look real. The pic makes me shudder...It doesn't talk either, does it?

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

To be honest; Unless some "comic book character" evil scientist creates AI with the pure intent of turning it into a weapon against mankind, I don't think we'll ever see the holywood version of AI that so many fear. Humans will make sure they stay in control of thier creations, it's human nature to control.

Otaku Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba may be famous one day Metsuki Anba's Avatar
    Over there. In the bush next to your house.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AREA 51
    they might put a bomb in it send it here to get back at us for ww2.
    Yeah... They could put a bomb in a damn cantalope too. And I think it would be pretty hard for an android to get through a metal detector.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast