Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: japanese (the language)

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

japanese (the language)

has anyone ever tried to learn it, seriously? not just a few phrases and words picked up from anime and such. what is your native language and how hard do you think japanese is compared to other foreign languages you know?

I know korean, english, french, and have been taking japanese for a year... and I thought japanese would be easy because the grammar is very similar to korean, but I think in reality it's harder than french! there are so many exceptions.. probably as many as there are in german, heh..
    and all that kanji (chinese characters) memorization really sucks although they are cool.

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: japanese (the language)

im slowly teaching myself...
    i know all the languages you do!
    korean, english, and french

my mom started to teach me chinese characters a long time ago, so i have a little advantage

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

Otaku Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk may be famous one day Dreadhawk's Avatar
    On the battlefield, hiding behind you with a knife...
    Thanks

I have a couple books on how to learn the basics and such, katikana, hirigana, and kanji are in the first few chapters, but its so ahrd to remember all the rules!

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

i know some words and sentences. my collage friend is teaching me! =^^=

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akurei Kakudo
    i know some words and sentences. my collage friend is teaching me! =^^=

Same here but I learned form songs I list to I need some one to teach me more things.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23
    Same here but I learned form songs I list to I need some one to teach me more things.
    i do the same. and if there is japanese in some mangas ill read what they mean. and ill watch anime in japanese with the english subtitles.

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

From what I've heard, english is the hardest language in the world to learn completely. For me, what makes the japanese language a bit hard to understand is how it's broken down into 3 different sections, Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Sentences can vary when using the language and it can take a while to learn. I found Spanish and French a lot easier to learn than japanese.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BFmastermind
    From what I've heard, english is the hardest language in the world to learn completely. For me, what makes the japanese language a bit hard to understand is how it's broken down into 3 different sections, Hiragana, Katakana, and Kanji. Sentences can vary when using the language and it can take a while to learn. I found Spanish and French a lot easier to learn than japanese.
    thats qite true. english is the hardest language to learn. but for me japanese is so much easier to learn then spanish =0o=. why i dont know. 7,8 years of spanish didnt do a thing to me!

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast