Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: japanese (the language)

Newbie kittie18 may be famous one day kittie18 may be famous one day kittie18's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: japanese (the language)

I'm slowly teaching myself... Though there's a lot to remeber.. I'm doing pretty well
    All the while we were thinking you were a brilliant strategist. Really, your just a lucky fool.

Newbie Yami no Bakura may be famous one day Yami no Bakura may be famous one day Yami no Bakura's Avatar
    Thanks

I can say all the usual stuff in japanese, but I'm not used to it much. It would be fun talking to a friend in japanese, although none of them speak it. -__-

Newbie fuujin may be famous one day fuujin may be famous one day fuujin's Avatar
    Thanks

Ahh class started agian and was all in Japanese

Got to start learning it agian so I can understand my teacher when she gives me assignment.

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: japanese (the language)

Konniti wa!
    I learned so much today! lol! My teacher's name is Kajiro Sensee, and she's so cool! I got an assload of homework tonight for wednesday, but still, this class is gonna be awesome. Most of the homework is all memorization of vocab for the quiz on fri/wed, followed by grammar and stuff. BUT OMG ITS SO DAMN COOL!!!!!!!!!
    Oh yeah, here's my name, translated into Japanese: Keiri-san. See? Thats why I named my jounal that! lol! hahaha. I can tell this class is gonna be fun, difficult, but fun.

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

That transcription system you use, Chihiro M. looks awfully like the one used in Russia (the Polivanov system and the Nihon-shiki system [international]) officially (f.ex. the t*- line goes like this: ta ti tu te to [た ち つ て と]) and, although I understand its roots perfectly and have no problem with its usage, I'll still advise you to use some specific standard (Wikipedia Link). I try to use the Modified Hepburn's system, although marking the 'おう' and 'おお' as 'ou' and 'oo' - not as 'ō', which the Mod. Hepburn system dictates. Also I use 'dzu' to write "づ", not 'zu'. All that is because of the way Japanese is pronounced (and the weird way I think).

Other than that, せんせい is usually spelled 'sensei', but pronounced 'sensee'. And yes, Japanese classes are fun. Just remember that kanji aren't gonna stick to your head by themselves - you've got to study (I've got the JEES test in December, so I'll have to bust my head with 750 additional kanji during the next five months).
    人生フゥ~!!!

Otaku Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki may be famous one day Chihiro Miyazaki's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh really? Ok, well, I was just using hte forms that I was taught in school. she wrote her name spelling it "sensee" so i dunno. We're working with just sounding out how to say the vowels and stuff right now, and also the verbals.
    Thanks for the tip tho JEEB!!!

"You can get hurt by loving someone, or you can stay alone by not ever loving someone. Which do you choose? Love always has its risks, but you should never fear them, for they are love's true test."

Wo chao xi huan ni Mahjong Champion, Shape Game Champion, Solitaire Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion, Looney Tunes Mahjong Champion, Elite Mahjong Champion, MahJong Champion, Mahjong XY Champion mahiru may be famous one day mahiru may be famous one day mahiru's Avatar
    Thanks

waaaaaaaaaah, school starts soon and i was supposed to be studying japanese. does anyone know of any websites or anything that might help me refresh my memory for the start of school???

Otaku tom_san may be famous one day tom_san may be famous one day tom_san's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that english is impossibly difficult. but its all i knoW!( sheepish gin)

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast