Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: japanese (the language)

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: japanese (the language)

I know how to read/write katakana and hiragana fluently (but not kanji.. I know like.. 20 characters max -___-;, but even when I'm reading or writing something, chances are I won't be understanding what I'm reading or writing I know some grammar but not much.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

I want to learn it, but I'm still young so theres still time, but at the minute I know English,French,German and abit of Spanish but Japanese does seem more complicated than the any of them so...

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

I only know how to write one Kanji (Ongaku - Music) and how to write Kawaii and Baka in Hiragana.
    That's it really on the writing side. ^^

But I do know a lot of words and phrases, but not how to use them in sentances.
    The thing with Japanese that I find hard to grasp (without proper lessons of course) is the fact that alot of the sentances are kind of backwards. Basically, I've found that in Japanese, sometimes you use the last word of the sentance first, the first word, last.
    I never know which way to phrase them.

Well at least that's what I've found of course, one day I will learn probably, but at the moment all I have is a Dictionary, and my experience of watching anime subtitled for 3 years, and listening to Japanese music for the last 7 years.
    Which doesn't account for much really.
    Last edited by Hikari Sakurai; Jul 01, 2005 at 10:32 PM.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie tWoL8 may be famous one day tWoL8 may be famous one day tWoL8's Avatar
    Thanks

i had tried without proper guidance, but at one time i kinda knew a... not even alittle but, i tried... i have always been absorbed into Japanese culture ever since i was a child, but i am hindered by so little it is frustrating that i cant even say some of the smallest phrases...

Newbie asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters may be famous one day asraiwaters's Avatar
    Thanks

ive been teaching myself japanese for about a year now. i know hiragana and katakana, basic grammar and i have a decent vocabulary. this fall i am going to take my first real japanese language class at college and im so excited!

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hikari Sakurai
    ...is the fact that alot of the sentances are kind of backwards. Basically, I've found that in Japanese, sometimes you use the last word of the sentance first, the first word, last.
    I never know which way to phrase them...
    It's the same with German, but it has a general pattern that you get used to.

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

I took a class once and I learned basic japanese. But I didnt continue taking the classes so I forgot some of the stuff I was taught. At first it was easy but the class got kinda hard at the end of the semester. AS for languages, I speak english and I little bit of tagalog. Tagalog is the language filipinos speak, its a lot lke spanish.

Otaku fatsobob may be famous one day fatsobob may be famous one day
    Thanks

I really want to learn Japanese so I can get raw anime and watch it as it airs in Japan opposed to having to wait on fansubbers.
    If anyone has any suggestions on where I could get a good start on learning, I would love to know.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast