Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: japanese (the language)

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: japanese (the language)

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz
    It's the same with German, but it has a general pattern that you get used to.
    Oh, man. I took German for ~4 years, and I HATED it. Granted, i can speak VERY BASIC german, but sentence structure still evades me most of the time.

Hmmm... learning Latin is rather... interesting. I don't know how high it rates on "difficulty", but I personally found it easier than German. Vocab kills me on it though.

So... would learning Japanese be easier or harder than Latin? Just asking, cuz I really know 0 people who have learned both (finding people who studied Latin is hard enough).
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ryke12
    Oh, man. I took German for ~4 years, and I HATED it. Granted, i can speak VERY BASIC german, but sentence structure still evades me most of the time
    Yeah same here. The bit that I hate is the male and female words that I dont get, I mean how can a word be classed as male or female...What kinda logic is that?!

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yeah same here. The bit that I hate is the male and female words that I dont get, I mean how can a word be classed as male or female...What kinda logic is that?!
    Well, I used to complain about that too... then I realized that other languages did that as well .

But Der, Die, and Das were the bane of my existence 4-7 grade.
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

I plan on learning Japanese when I go back to collage this year.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah German is a fun language to learn. It's so closely related to English since German is where English came from in the first place lol. I want to learn Japanese. I must teach myself too lol.

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.

mei
    Newbie mei may be famous one day mei may be famous one day mei's Avatar
    Thanks

hehe, it's such a pain to have to memorize which nouns are feminine and which are masculine, but apart from that I think it's pretty cool that ... a "ship" is female. ^__~ also the genders are pretty handy when you're writing poetry!

And regarding the sentences seeming backwards and out of place-- japanese grammar is basically the same as korean (you can ALMOST translate it word by word and a lot of it will make sense!) and I prefer it that way, I think it's more poetic. The sentences seem weird and can't be traslated well into english because often times subjects don't exist at all.
    For ex: in English you'd say "I went to the park"
    but in Japanese you could break it up, literally, and say "went. park to. I..." and it's much more dramatic!! haha

What I also like about Japanese/korean grammar is that there are many forms of "I/me" (in English there's only 2.. I ... & me..), but it's kind of hard to explain unless you're familiar with the usage.

if that made any sense... I hope it did..

Newbie williecwh may be famous one day williecwh may be famous one day williecwh's Avatar
    Thanks

I know a few languages and taught myself mandarin. However, when it comes to japanese, I'm really faced with problems. Especially about the grammar. Don't really know to place what should come first. I think Japanese is really a beautiful language. Of course, maybe that's because I love the japanese culture. Anyway, I think I should go to a proper class in order to really learn the language.

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm 1/4 a Japanese so I can speak it and write it. It's not that hard, since it goes hand in hand with chinese (which I also know). I love the Japanese language, but I hate Katakana. It kills me just to read it.!

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast