Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Jark - Co-Founder of DeviantART "Fired" ...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs down Jark - Co-Founder of DeviantART "Fired" ...

... Yeah, Shocked me when I read this in my DeviantMESSAGE center [LINK] by *ilostmyname

It lead me to Jark's own profile page, then to his website when I read that comments were being deleted.

I really don't know much about the situation, mainly because the current 'Leaders' of dA are keeping the community in the dark, and from what I've seen they've pissed off alot of people.

This has lead to the resignation and/or forced removal of both of the original founders of deviantART.

Here are some links that will have more information, 'cause I only learned about this this morning, and I have to get ready for work. If it wasn't for the fact that deviantART has been my home for well over 3 years, and that I've payed hard earned money for my subscription, I'd be one of the, I'm sure, many angry deviantats leaveing over this matter.

http://www.jarkolicious.com/probes/2...-yellow-alien/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jark/29571494/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jark/29420581/ - read this one, cause it was a thread that was deleted, and deleting any comments on deviantART is a violation of dA policy. hmmm....
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jark/29409427/ - kina prophetic...
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 31, 2005 at 06:14 AM.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Jark - Co-Founder of DeviantART "Fired" ...

DeviantART started to suck when they applyed their new allpaper policy about not using any anime relate images in a wallpaper. thats the main thing that pissed me off. the site is just total bull. Don't get me wrong but CellPhone art is garbage. its like I was telling a friend of mine. If they were going to get rid of the Anime wallpaper section they should of gotten rid of fan art, and a few other "copyrighted" content

The founders being fired will be the downfall of DeviantART

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Katsuhito
    DeviantART started to suck when they applyed their new allpaper policy about not using any anime relate images in a wallpaper. thats the main thing that pissed me off. the site is just total bull. Don't get me wrong but CellPhone art is garbage. its like I was telling a friend of mine. If they were going to get rid of the Anime wallpaper section they should of gotten rid of fan art, and a few other "copyrighted" content

The founders being fired will be the downfall of DeviantART
    DeviantART is too big, it will most likely never die, but if it did, I'd be sad to see it go.

In response to your 'fan art' statement, I'll quote from the devART FAQ

http://help.deviantart.com/304/
    Policy Regarding Image Recreations

Here at deviantART we strive to be a community which welcomes artists of all ages and all levels of skill and talent from the young beginner to the mature professional.

We recognise that beginning or amateur artists often copy or recreate existing imagery as a natural part of the learning process. This does not mean that actual art theft is allowed - we do not allow an artist to simply add or remove details from a piece of work created by another artist, nor may they edit, recolor, crop or otherwise simply modify the actual work created by another artist. What we do allow at this point in time is for artists to reproduce works (or copy) through their own effort. It is considered proper etiquette to cite the original artist of the inspiring work and give them credit for being the inspiration of such reproductions, especially if numerous details have been copied or otherwise borrowed.

While we would agree that the simple reproduction of another artists work is not particularly original we have chosen to allow these recreations providing that the reproduction has been created completely through the efforts of the artist in question and does not directly contain any portions of the referance work.

If you believe that a deviation or scrapbook addition is an "edit" of another work rather than a true recreation, or that if you have evidence that it has been directly traced then you should report it as a potential violation. Recreations which have been reported will be judged on a case-by-case basis by the appropriate administrative staff.

Deviantart isn't total garbage. Sure, the anime wallpaper policy sucked too, I lost over three quarters of my gallery when it was enforced, and it took me a long time to recover from that, but anime wallpapers are not the only form of art out there. The only reason it came about is because CLAMP and a number of other anime/manga studio's contacted deviantart (This might be a rumor, but if it is, its moot by this point) and threatened to sue under Japan and United States copyright law.

NEwho, back to my point. My art isn't limited to anime wallpapers, I create 3-D landscapes, Absract wallpapers, I write, and I draw. If you took the time to look through the prints that are avliable, the poetry that is submitted, the wallpapers that are just truely amazing (And I hope that I don't offend any one here, because thats not my intention) and in some cases better then any wallpaper I've seen here to date (minus a few exceptions), and you'd see why its the largest art community in the world and why people are out raged by this current develpement.

-----UPDATE-----

Found this link: http://www.t52.org/ - contains more information on the matter.
    Last edited by aceman67; Jul 31, 2005 at 06:40 AM.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks

Jeez... politics... I hate politics...

Jark will have his day.

-RODION
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rodion
    Jeez... politics... I hate politics...

Jark will have his day.

-RODION
    That he will, he has the support of the masses.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Is there somewhere else that members of Devient Art can go and can paid subscribers cancel their account and recieve a refund?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

its what happens when you run a business and not a website :\

wait technically we hit 5 years awhile back is someone going to try to kick me out on my @$$ lol

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cybergig1
    its what happens when you run a business and not a website :\

wait technically we hit 5 years awhile back is someone going to try to kick me out on my @$$ lol

Well, that's a thought...
    hmmm... tempting.
    Last edited by Zarriff; Jul 31, 2005 at 10:10 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast