Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -The Jedi & the Sith-

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks

-The Jedi & the Sith-

I'd rather not get overly philosphical here ... but ... based on what you know and the available evidence, is it fair to label the Jedi as righteous and the Sith as wicked? That is, can we accept a preconceived notion suggesting that the Jedi have inherent good and the Sith, inherent evil? The Force by it's function is conducive to both the Light and Dark side, therefore, why does only one get the stigma of being bad? If the Sith are in effect Jedi, who have a different approach to the force, then does that necessitate evil?
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Newbie Shihiro may be famous one day Shihiro may be famous one day Shihiro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: -The Jedi & the Sith-

Hmm... 2 tell u the truth... I don't quite noe either... But I guess that Jedis can go to the dark side... Anakin did tat... But its up to the director to decide!
    [img]http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?u=13940&type=siguploader

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Well as the movie episode 3 says, "good is just a point of view anakin," and really, it's true. Naturally, because this is a movie, there is always a defined villian and hero, and Jedi have always been depicted as the heroes. And the nature of the Sith is very, power hungry. Wikipedia has great pages all about the Jedi and the Sith, anyone really interested should read Wikipedia something.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hardedge
    I'd rather not get overly philosphical here ... but ... based on what you know and the available evidence, is it fair to label the Jedi as righteous and the Sith as wicked? That is, can we accept a preconceived notion suggesting that the Jedi have inherent good and the Sith, inherent evil? The Force by it's function is conducive to both the Light and Dark side, therefore, why does only one get the stigma of being bad? If the Sith are in effect Jedi, who have a different approach to the force, then does that necessitate evil?
    No, the Jedi are seeking Harmony while the dark side is the path to Chaos, emotions, and the like . The power of the dark side lies in the letting out of raw emotions, while the light side is the controlling of one's emotions and thoughts.

There is no inherent "good" or "evil", the destiny of someone is decided by his actions. The thing here is that it is not a question of good and evil, it is a question of harmony with the force, oneself, and all other living beings (a kind of Buddhism or Taoism if you wish) against chaos, destruction by and of oneself.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

The concept of choosing the "light" or "dark" side, reminds me of Fable. With every choice, a consequence. That's how star wars displays it anyway.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

I wouldn't exactly lable the Jedi and the Sith as good and bad right off the bat. They just have different ways of using their skills.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Warning kiddies may contain some spoilers.

Well okay I'm about to broaden the spectrum here so hold on.

Lets start with the Sith. The Sith are not necessarily evil, they just use selfish and sometimes deadly means to achieving their objective. Wherein the Jedi try to achieve there objective as peacefully as possible. If yu want to look at it as good and evil you can, but for me that a little to general of a statement.

I think in actuality there are 4 classes in the Jedi system. Two that are never mentioned but acknowledged throughout the massive series, and I dont just mean the movies. I'm talking books, video games,etc...

1.Jedi
    2.Fallen Jedi
    3.Rogue Jedi
    4.Sith

Ok we've already established the definitions of what a Jedi and Sith are. A Jedi uses his abilities to help others and center himself through balancing the Force. A Sith uses his abilities to help himself and only himself, Sith are the polar opposite, uncaring, reckless, emotional, greedy, and so on.

Now we get to the fun part. The Fallen Jedi, those such as Luke and Vader in the older trilogy and Jolee Bindo in the KOTOR video game series. Luke very nearly became a fallen Jedi, and Darth Vader could perhaps be the best example. Yes he was dark side, but he was still salvagable, Luke proved that to us. He was consumed by his emotions so much so that he fell to the dark side and eventually accepted his fate as the Dark Lord of the Sith. However his actions that ultimately lead to his death proved his true standing in the ranks of Jedi vs. Sith. He was no more Sith than he was Jedi. He was a fallen Jedi who had lost himself and basically f*cked up.

Rogue: Lets take Revan for example because he is the easiest one to help describe this class. He killed planets, slaughtered millions of innocents because he found out the Sith were ready to launch and attack that could very well wipe out the universe, he was then given a decision, start destroying planets so to get the people ready for what was to come or just let the Sith wipe these poor unsuspecting planets out without much resistance. True Revan's methods for achieving success against the Sith were dark side, but it was used for light side means. So does this make him good or bad, neither or both? I think it makes him ultimately good, a Jedi, but he has the ability to use his uncaring side to his advantage which allowed him to do what he was doing. This to me makes him a grey jedi, or a rogue jedi.

Now in answer to your question you cant be Jedi and Sith at the same time, they are two different things. The Sith is almost like a cult religion wherein the Jedi are a republic built for protection. Think of it like Cops and the Mafia. Sith arent Jedi but they are force sensitive. They use their abilities for self-advantage. As I tried to explain above, briefly with my little theory, although I know it may be confusing. There are Sith and Jedi, you cant be both, but you can be somewhere in between if you are force sensitive. Best example: Anakin was a Jedi, but once he turned he was then a Sith. But even if you are force sensitive it doesnt necessarily make you a Jedi either, I mean look how Anakin started. He was almost neither despite his abilities as a child.

Oh man I'm kind of tired of typing now, if you have anymore questions about anything just send them through and I'll give you my opinion on it.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Whoo-boy... I think my brain just broke.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast