Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -The Jedi & the Sith-

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: -The Jedi & the Sith-

I think the two other "classes" you listed are more like situations than actual classes. I mean, both examples you listed were still either Light or Dark, so I suppose your logic doesn't make sense to me. There could be a third party, which is you don't know your a force enlightened person, and can become either one. At least that's how I see it.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

A Sith uses his abilities to help himself and only himself, Sith are the polar opposite, uncaring, reckless, emotional, greedy, and so on.
    To Me that actions of an evil person, hence the sith are evil.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

True, but Star wars in the first place wanted to define the good and bad side, so it's only natural the Sith have these features.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Well in fairness if both fallen and rogue jedi are situations so would be a Jedi and a Sith just a situation. I mean what were Obi-Wan and Yoda after they fled the Empire and hid for years on backwater planets? They werent Jedi then were they because they werent fighting for anything but rather sitting by and letting the Sith take over whatever they wanted. Again I see the Sith as a cult in army form, the believe in something, it just so happens to be the exact opposite of the Jedi's ideals. Now to clarify what a fallen and rogue jedi are, they are people who dont believe in either ideals. A fallen jedi is one who ran away from them and a rogue is one who ignores them for his own benefit and if he ignores the Sith than he cannot be one despite his arrogance being a Sith emotion. Sith does stand for evil, but does it necessarily make one evil if one is a Sith, or does this person just believe in an ideal?

Thanks

I see what you're saying. I suppose you could look at it like that, I wonder if a new side would've spawned if there was a wise force user that never was touched by the influence of the Light or Dark side.

Otaku Vaines may be famous one day Vaines may be famous one day Vaines's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    To Me that actions of an evil person, hence the sith are evil.
    Well it's logical that since jedis seek harmoney between all and the force, they have to be altruistic, while to let their own emotions grow, the Siths have to be egocentered.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

I would compare Sith and Jedis as atheists and Jedis are any religions person, they have their believes and their practices for the Jedis but when they kill someone they have a reason to justify it.

Sith are more of about hedonism (i guess?) all about pleasure

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't label the jedi good or the Sith evil, think of it this way, if the jedi council uses its padawans to spy on the republic senate or maybe even destroy an enemy who may actually do some good, is that being good. No, the point I believe is that the dark side and the light side of the force are ying and yang. There is no extreme here, I believe in order to be a great jedi, you must both have the dark side and the light side within you. Two great games to play is KOTOR and KOTOR II, these games since they give you the option of choosing good or evil can help you answer this question. Since, some decisions though inherently good, turn out to be bad. Another example, if a decision that you chose was good, like helping a person in need, but that person dies because they got mugged, did you really do a good deed by helping them if the outcome was their death.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast