Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: jehovahs witness's

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i have the perfect way to stop them coming back, this is what me and my freind do when they come to the door just stare at them and hardly blink,dont say anything just stare then they get an awkuard silence and leave.....some reason we dont get much of em now shame,i was just begining to like em.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    I find this one interesting:

Only 144,000 people will go to heaven and rule with Christ.

Does anyone know where this specific number comes from? It seems kind of random and I'd like to know if they have a reason for saying it, or if it is just something they say is in the Bible
    lol, I assume you have no idea how funny that statement is?
    Considering that Judism, Christianity, and Muslims all base their religions off of the Old Testament in the Bible. "it is just something they say is in the Bible". lol!

The 144,000 however come from Revelations chapter 7 in the New Testament. There are alot of interpetations as to what it means.
    1 AND after these things I saw four angels• standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds• of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

2 And I saw another angel ascending• from the east, having the seal of the living God: and he cried with a loud voice to the four angels, to whom it was given to hurt the earth and the sea,

3 Saying, Hurt• not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed• the servants of our God in their foreheads.

4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: and there were sealed an hundred• and forty and four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel•.
    The number 144,000 comes from 12,000 of each of the 12 tribes. The number 12 has a great deal of symbolism and power in Biblical text. So 12x12 is considered even more powerful.

Another interpetation of Revelations 7 is that that is just the number of leaders sealed since in verse 9 it says:
    9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds•, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms• in their hands;
    To each their own.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    I was raised to respect all relegions, but I only have problems with this rule:

12. Taking blood into the body through mouth or veins violates God’s laws.
    When I was in elementry school, one of my classmates, who was a Jehovah's Witness, was in a car accident, and died because his parents wouldn't allow the doctors to give him the blood that he needed to survive.

Its just wrong.

Also, if you don't want jehovahs witness's knocking on your door, when they come, tell them you're Mormon, and they will avoid you like the plague.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by aceman67
    Also, if you don't want jehovahs witness's knocking on your door, when they come, tell them you're Mormon, and they will avoid you like the plague.
    lol, not necessariy true.

You can however offer to pray with them (since they don't believe in public/group prayers) or offer them any religious script besides the Bible (they are not allowed to read any religious scripture besides their own or they will be shunned or excommunucated).

Or, depending on the person, you can have a nice chat. (They are people too.) Just don't be surprised when they come back.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    lol, not necessariy true.
    I'm Mormon, It works, especially if you offer them a copy of the Book of Mormon.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    hehe, thats an interesting way to stop them. I personally have no quarrel with JW's so long as they leave me alone, if they try to come and convert me, I will politely say no, if they continue, then I will get ugly. As far as the beliefs go, the world not exploding or being destroyed is just stupid, in one word. Thankfully, the earth will still be around for about another couple billions, but at some point, the earth will be destroyed. Also, if the all the political parties in the world are armies of Satan, then how will the world be ruled, how will we have a system of government. And JW's cannot say they will rule, because to rule a nation is to be an agent of Satan, therefore you are breaking your own rule. So how are the nations of the world supposed to be run.

But thats my two cents, to sum it up, as long as you keep your conversion to yourself, you have no quarrel with me.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks
    well i think they're wrong, but i do not say that this should stop them, as i may not be right.
    what i don't agree with is them knocking on my door every month trying to change what i am because they think they are right, i swear one of these days i'm just gonna smack one in the face instead of turning them down politely. plus, unlike some pagans i konw, they don't dance about naked so why the heck should i be interested.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I have big issues with JW’s. They mess up a lot of peoples lives. There are many facts not in this post. For one of the largest Ex-JW help sites please visit http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/default.ashx It is my belief that the religion is pretty close to a cult. You will hear this a lot of you look over sites, and talk with ex members. My current girlfriend of 5 years is a ex JW, and she is still getting over the issues. Some of the problems it creates for kids, and I have seen it first hand with more than just my GF. They make people live in fear, On many many many accounts they have given a data or atleast a blanket time frame that the world would end / Armageddon would happen. Those dates have come and gone, they will publish “new light” which would explain why it did not happen. They push you to not get a higher education / have a family, as the end is near, and you should be spending all the time you have to “going door to door”. Another interesting read, check out the list at the bottom http://www.mostmerciful.com/jw%20-%2...are%20they.htm
    Another thing I have big issues with, is how hypocritical JW’s are (at least the ones I have seen). I have seen a family member disfellowshiped (shunned) by an elder for drinking / being an alcoholic, and in his time of need, not one family member would help him. Yet most of his family members would have been disfellowshiped themselves, a few smoked (if you know a smoker JW, they are full of it / a hypocrite). Anyhow I could go on for hours. Sorry for the long babble, but I have strong views about this cruel cult.

Dan

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast