Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: JFK Shooting Game Right or Wrong?

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

JFK Shooting Game Right or Wrong?

Did you guys know that in Scotland they released a video game where you have to try to kill JFK in three shots like the guy did to the real JFK? It was released the same day JFK was murdered for publicity. The creators of the game said it was to disprove conspiraties theories on his death. I personally don't think it was right to re-create the murder on a video game so people can try to kill a president. What do you guys think?

Newbie Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89's Avatar
    Thanks
    That's just wrong and disturbing, just like that manhunter game

I wuv me my gumbies XD

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's just wrong in my opinon. Coming from me thats a shocker because i normally embrace over the top violence and touchy subject matters in games and film but this is just a stupid idea. JFK was one of the better presidents we've had in this country and his death is being exploited and made interactive? It.....just isnt right.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well first off why would people waste their time on garbage like that? Not including the fact that its a little morbid to exploit someones death like that for money. I think the Kennedys should sue their asses. I probably would. And another thing, thats the whole game, you shoot JFK and thats it? Sounds like a short and innovative-lacking game.

Newbie teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck may be famous one day teh s uck's Avatar
    Thanks
    These people are idiots -- they claim that the game is supposed to disprove conspiracies theories and get the youth interested in history. I think that pretending that you're one of the most notorious assassins in US history is not the way to go, especially when you press release keeps talking about how difficult it was for Oswald to actually pull it off. [link]

What's next? SimAuschwitz?

Otaku Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar may be famous one day Electrastar's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemontine89
    That's just wrong and disturbing, just like that manhunter game
    I couldn't agree more. I haven't played the manhunter game but I have heard about it ...it sent shivers down my spine, it's just so wrong. It's creepy...I never heard about that before. Makes me wonder why such violent pointless games are being put out on the market these days. I have always been a supporter that violent video games do not make violent children or people, but with games like these, I'm beginning to rethink that theory.

Newbie durandal may be famous one day durandal may be famous one day durandal's Avatar
    Thanks
    i think that the jfk game is just wrong, not for the violence but that it recreates an actual murder. And i don't see how it could disprove conspiracy theories.

as for the manhunter game, i think it is unfair how much flak it has caught. They did give it a restricted rating for a reason. All of the crap that games like recieve that should mainly be directed to video game stores, for ignoring the rating that its makers gave it. I'm always seeing headlines about this parent complaining about their child playing this game, and that game, when really 1) control your child, you're supposing to be raising the kid 2) its not within the publisher's control how it is sold, but it is within the stores control. They could easily enforce age restrictions on games - they are already given such ratings - but they choose not to.

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    I agree completely. The JFK game is absolutely horrific.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast