Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: JFK Shooting Game Right or Wrong?

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks

Honestly,

I think you're all a bunch hippocites..

Games where you manhunt: (And they have made millions)

Joint Ops, Delta Force
    Rainbow series
    Battle Field series
    Grand Thieft Auto series
    Call of Duty

...and the list goes on.

So we can mimic killing millions in games like Battle Field which is roughly based on WWII but when you throw in JFK everything gets stupid?

Or GTA where you're a character whom is based on this world and you can just randomly beat the snot out of people on the streets, steal cars etc..? Think that doesn't do something to the human personality?

Doom gave two famous murders a few ideas yet the market still produces these games so why shouldn't these guys make a game where you murder a president?
    I think they should follow up with a game where you take out 3rd world country leaders!

I PFFFFFFTT in your general direction.

Newbie drunken munkee may be famous one day drunken munkee may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i thought the game brings so much disrespect to the dead. its one thing to make a game that is based on factual exents, but to make a game where you simulate the death of an actual person? imagine if they made a medal of honor game where you played Colonel Schenk von Stauffenberg and attempted to assassinate hitler or as if you played that angry fallujah mob that murdered those American blackwater workers and strung them up a bridge? you know if someone made a game like that there would be lawsuits up the butt. games were created to simulate life, not duplicate. why do you think whenever a name pops up in one of those games it says "character is fictional any names that coincide are completely by coincidence." it simply brings disrespect to the those who died.

of course we have certain frreedoms and rights. people can do whatever they want. but it becomes a matter of knowing when you will be offending the general public.
    Last edited by drunken munkee; Dec 14, 2004 at 03:56 PM.
    "It's not the years in your life that matters, but the life in those years." - Tupac

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nara_Shikamaru2008
    First im gonna go to Switzerland and kill the guys who made this then im going to find every person who agrees with this and hurt them dearly.

Utterly stupid. Well i would play it if maybe Sadam was in the car but recreating a Us presidents death. Not cool not cool at all.
    Ugh, another example of the classic ignorant American. First, I'd like to see you try and hurt me, second, Saddam has two D's, and thirdly, Saddam wasn't even an enemy to the US. You are overreacting over something retarded that happened in Switzerland! Get over it! Why don't you busy yourself with something you are probably used to, like picking on Arabs or something.

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Ugh, another example of the classic ignorant American. First, I'd like to see you try and hurt me, second, Saddam has two D's, and thirdly, Saddam wasn't even an enemy to the US. You are overreacting over something retarded that happened in Switzerland! Get over it! Why don't you busy yourself with something you are probably used to, like picking on Arabs or something.
    First and second points....
    I got nothing...
    the third, **cough-gulf war-cough**
    alrighty then...
    although you may be right to feel anger twards his statement, I would prefer that you not use the term "ignorant American". True they do exist, but not all Americans are such. thank you

with that said...

[personal opinoin]I dissagree with the creators of this game and think that there is nothing to be gained from the release and distrobution thereof [/personal opinion]

I do believe that there are people overreacting here. There is nothing to be gained from this game, except money for the creators and a bit of free publicity. True, in esccense it is no different from any other game. But what offends some people is that is glorifies a very dark day in the history of the United States. What most American's fail to realize, however, is that to ban such a product would go agianst their own constitution. The first amendment of the United States constitution gives them the right to peacably say whatever they want. It doesnt matter where in the world someone else is. If it acceptable by the standards where you choose to live, then you have no true grounds to speak agianst it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4