Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Kick & Screaming "The New Will Ferrell Movie"

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Kick & Screaming "The New Will Ferrell Movie"

I went to see it today and I thought it was okay. Not as funny as I was hoping, but it had a few decent jokes. It just feels like Ferrell constantly has to make up for an unfunny script.

As this is a thread about the movie, its also a thread about the actor who has become absolutely huge in the past year and rightfully so, but in my opinion his last few movies have not been that good and by good I mean fulfilling their purpose which is to make me laugh. And I laugh at stupid crap like Stargate, so I have a huge sense of humor. Does anyone agree with me though about his recent movie not being that funny?

While his performances in Old School, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, and on Saturday Night Live were priceless, I'd venture to say Elf, Anchorman, and Kicking & Screaming were comically weak. Too kid friendly. Of course I think Ferrell is a comic genius but I also think the MPAA rating is holding him back from his true potential. While his movies bring in more money for being PG or PG-13, they are nowhere near as "Will Ferrell Funny" as Old School and Jay and Silent Bob which are both rated R by comparison. I guess in Ferrell's case you can't please everyone, but does anyone else agree with me or is it just my friends and I who believe that the rating system is holding him back?

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I like Will, I think he is really funny, and I think that "Kicking and Screaming" will be pretty funny. However, it seems like he is going all Jimmy Carey on us, and just trying too hard to be funny.

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well Jim Carrey has since proven himself to be a damn fine actor. I loved his work in Eternal Sunshine and think he got shafted out of a nomination, but I agree sometimes it does feel like actors are trying too hard. In Will's case I just think he's acting in the wrong comedies, having to make up for lack-luster scripts all too often, that takes so much away from his pure abilities.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw Kicking and Screaming the other day and it wasn't nearly as good as I had anticipated. The only funny scenes in the movie were all shown in the trailer. So really if you're going to the movie to see humour just watch the trailer and save yourself. It's more of a plain already been done movie. To name a few movies with the same idea "The Mighty Ducks, The Big Green, and The Bad News Bears"

But as a family movie it's mediocre.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ferrell was never reall a good comedian in my eyes, but Kicking & Screaming made me not want to see a movie by him. He does has his moments, but this movie was not it.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Will was great on SNL, and in the movie Starky and Hutch, Will was in the only funny part of the movie! I think he was a good comedain, as Delerium stated he could just be acting in the wrong movies trying to make up for the lack of humor.

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    I would also like to note that it's a bit racist. The part where Will said he wanted to eat the chinese kid. That could have been left out for obvious reasons.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Thanks
    Well I don't find things racist, if they are said as a joke. Because it's not really being racist, it's being funny.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast