Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: -Knocking on Heavens Door-

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think people are afraid of the unknown and lets face it, no one has come back from the dead to tell us what its like so it'd be considered unknown.

A friend once told me she believed that death was it. The end. Theres nothing afterward. People just made up heaven and hell to deal with death because its such a scary issue to think about. I found that interesting.

I myself believe in heaven and hell and I believe when its my time to go, I'll go. I think I've come to terms enough with myself on the topic of death that I dont think that much about it. I do find myself saying I could die happy from time to time. So I guess I could, but its all still very iffy.

I think people deal with death in different ways to keep them as sane as possible. If you thought about it all the time, it'd drive you nuts. And then there are people that can accept it. Most of the time its those who have been through years of torment and suffering say like in a hospital bed with tubes in their body or paralyzed or a quadraplegic. Others decide to take their own life because they cant take living anymore, they;d rather be dead than alive.

Ulitmately though life is what you make it. You have to be you and above all the hypocritical crap everyone else talks about. Emerson says be self reliant. You should be. But you shouldnt listen to me or Emerson, listen to yourself. Thats what life is all about, you, your journey, and your experiences.

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    in my opinion we make our OWN destiny it isnt gods time to make us go orthe devils time to make us go its our own and i mean i dont fear death but thats becuase i have had to many close calls i mean im around 17 and i have almost dies probably about 10 times its been times ive almost got hit by i truck, one time i did get hit by a truck and it like broke my arm ( i dont know what i was doing on the highway i was just skating) becuase the truck just barely got me at 70 miles an hour. SCARY. And other times its been like i fell off of my roof landed on the ground woke up and my head was laying right next to a little fence post spike thingy or something. but i mean when its our time to go then just except it and go
    but its ultimately our choice wether or not we go if you dont want to go then dont do dangerous stuff, better yet dont a single thing just sit around the house and dont move much, but you cant have FUN without the risk of death, when you go to school your risking your life you can do anything from breaking your neck down the stairs or some creepy kid decides to shoot or stab you becuase he doesnt like you. when you insult someone its a risk, when you ride a bike, when you skateboard, when you play hackey sack, when your walking to get your mail even.
    dont worry about when your TIME is, just have fun and if somethings gonna happen either let it or dont let it. its your choice simple as that.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm, I think FallenOne raises a good point. Alot of people do seem to live thier life like they have all the time in the world. On the other hand, people who have had some kind of near death experience or have lost somebody close to them, tend to live their lives differently.

I myself know that I will die. It is something I fear a little as I don't really want to die, but when my time comes I aim to meet it with a smile.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Also about the fear of the unknown:
    Coming in contact with death alot (like working in a morgue or in a hospital) gives most people a different look on death, in many cases those people are less affraid of it too.
    Death may not be "known" to them but because they come in contact with it many times they have become somewhat desensitized to most of the trauma.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm in between feeling afraid and accepting death.
    Yes, for a fact, death is just a part of our cycle - it happens and no human escapes it. As to being afraid of the unknown, I don't think that's the reason for what I'm feeling.
    Our lives can end at anytime, perhaps, even when the least we expect it. But, there's still some things that I would want to do before I go...

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    well, I really don't wanna die, cuz that means I won't be living anymore, but if deaths happens, it happens, however if there is something I can do to stay alive then I will use all my energy to stay alive.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    A friend once told me she believed that death was it. The end. Theres nothing afterward. People just made up heaven and hell to deal with death because its such a scary issue to think about.
    I don't know. To me the thought of nothing after would be a relief. It's being held accountable for my mess-ups in life that's the scarier.

For myself - I don't actually fear death. Just dying, if you get the difference. My religion doesn't preach the "Hellfire and Damnation" bit so much. (Just repentance up the wazoo.) But there are lots of ways I wouldn't want to go.

I think the way people view death depends on two factors: 1) their view of the afterlife, 2) their view of this life. If you fear what comes next, whether thats hell or oblivion, you aren't going to want to face it. If you don't like the life you're living, and you're not one of the above, death doesn't seem like such a bad alternative. If you look forward, however distantly, to what comes after then you'll likely be pretty calm on the subject. If you like the life you've got then they'll have to drag you kicking and screaming into eternity. Just a matter of perspective.

The ones I feel sorry for are those left behind.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I think everyone fears death, they might even know they fear it, but I think it is a natural fear. Sometimes I think this fear drives life. Ever been so afraid that you would literally not let anything stop you to get out alive? The adrenaline making you shake with energy and heart trying to pound outta you're chest, death is the reason there is life really. It scares me and interests me at the same time. I fear it, but that ain't gonna stop it.

As for the whole afterlife and heaven and hell thing, I seriously wish sometimes God just lets me go to hell. I mean heaven is a perfect sinless eternity right? sounds kinda boring to me. No one is really sure what hell is like, maybe it is just a place of eternal suffering, not to much different from life anyway. Death is the only thing humans will never know what happens afterwards.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast