Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: labels and labeling

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

labels and labeling

i have decided to make this thread after questions being rased in my goths? thread. the questions i am putting are:
    1) what labels do you know of/ use, and what defines them?
    2) do you labels people?
    3) do you label yourself? if so what?

as for me in general i try not to label, and don't know many. but i do use three main catougorys that i do put people in but they are vague.

goth- any body who listens to rock and metal and goth and wears a whole lot of black

chav- burbery weaing fans of rnb and the likes

wierdos- the people i like the most who don't really fit in to the previous, i used to be one of these but i am definitely moving into goth terrotory.
    and i do know this kinda thing has been done before but thats too old now.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Newbie emo_tears may be famous one day emo_tears may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: labels and labeling

where i live, chav and greebo are the main labels, which i guess are fairly accurate, but it annoys me how some people label others when they dont really understand what they're saying. ok, so im an emo, but i dont understand what problem peoiple ahve with it, im just me, its who i am, i cant help it. what aslo annoys me is how people class people without thinkin about it, before they even know the person, ive had a lot of experiecne of that. i guess in school theres labels aswel, like geeks, nerds, and the popular kids i guess. its probably different wherever you go

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

1) I use geek, nerd, and in general a jackass
    2) Yes, I label people.
    3) I'm me...And a perv/geek/freak.

Labels are fun. The weak people cant take labels.
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

I never really understood the whole label thing, its just, if you call someone a "geek" for instance then how will it affect them if they are one? it's just like saying to a girl "your a girl."

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsbunnyz
    I never really understood the whole label thing, its just, if you call someone a "geek" for instance then how will it affect them if they are one? it's just like saying to a girl "your a girl."
    i know, i always get slightly confused when chavs shout "greeb" at me like it's an insult.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't really use labels, well....except "Assholes" but other than that no i don't. For the sole reason that I've known people who look completely Goth yet they listen to hip-hop? And i've known people who dress in hip hop style and listen to purely rock music. Seen "Ravers" listening to symphonic music......ect.

Thanks

one my friend aaron constantly reminds me of, emo. for some reason he takes someone being an emo as a reason to take the mick, i don't know why. they usually cover one eye with their hair which is dyed black, and where their ties done up to the top. i'll ask him for the ones he knows.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Sadly I do label people, but more ao in my head then to their face. Its a defensive mechanism and everyone uses it because everyone fears something different. Labeling allows us to understand in a way what we dont really understand about other people and things, it classifies things and makes them easier to understand. Labeling isnt not always a bad thing, although in many cases it is. I use it, most everyone I know probably uses it, and I think if anyone denies not labeling someone then they are probably stretching the truth a little bit. I think we all do it, but its human nature to try to understand what we dont, unfortunately like anything else in this world it can be used in a negative way.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast