Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 29

Thread: labels and labeling

  1. #17
    Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    somehere with the readneck of texas
    Posts
    187
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Well here in Texas............(wow thats a lable in itself) we have so many different people we got jocks preps then my personal favorites........The "FREAKS" all the kids in this grouping I get along with and all and they are my friends because they dont really give a crap about who you are or anything............but not all labling is bad labling
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

  2. #18
    Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Quote Originally Posted by emo_tears
    ok, so im an emo
    Not to attack you, but I find it all too tacky when people actually call themselves the label they are given.

    Like a goth for instance, if they went around going "I am a goth" it would seem the whole thing loses it's point because then your dressing like that for the soul purpose to actually be that label or stereotype when you should really just be like that because it's who you are. And if it's who you are then you shouldn't be labeling yourself.

    Dress in the emo style, listen to the emo music fine. But the moment you go
    around admitting to be emo then your sliding into the whole poser territory. You don't become something to gain that label, the label is for the people who describe what you are, weather it's an insult or just a habit of having to make a universal description.

    The only labels I am familiar with are:

    Preps, goths, emo, punk, geek, skater, white trash, trailer trash (which is almost the same as white trash cept they live in trailers), skanks, tweens, skuzzies, jocks, and my personal fave stupid AO newbies.

    BTW I like goth kids and all, I had a few goth friends back in high school, but don't ever tell me that people who dress goth are depressed in any way shape or form ever. There is no way anyone who takes that much time dressing like that and putting all that makeup on is depressed. Depressed people just don't care that much about their appearance to even bother.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

  3. #19
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    BTW I like goth kids and all, I had a few goth friends back in high school, but don't ever tell me that people who dress goth are depressed in any way shape or form ever. There is no way anyone who takes that much time dressing like that and putting all that makeup on is depressed. Depressed people just don't care that much about their appearance to even bother.
    Well alot of them are, its a cry for help or attention. Their displaying the dark feeling in their heart. Come on you think they dress that way because it looks good?

    I mean how happy of a color is black?

  4. #20
    Otaku Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga may be famous one day Tenseiga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    122
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Well here if someones labeled a jock 9 outta ten they're a prep but u can be a prep without bein a jock

  5. #21
    Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    303
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Well alot of them are, its a cry for help or attention. Their displaying the dark feeling in their heart. Come on you think they dress that way because it looks good?

    I mean how happy of a color is black?
    True, true. It's just my opinion and if you read about depression and the habits of depressed people and symptoms of severely depressed people the common description is "Poor hygiene, dirty clothing, no care for personal appearence..." and so forth, that is just the problems with appearance.

    If you've seen most Goth kids they have nice washed hair and very precise make up jobs that must have taken more than 5 minutes in front of the mirror, and they wear nice clothing for the most parts, or the ones I knew in highschool, they wore like 160 dollar boots, nice black jackets, and the rest of their attire which must have taken them like 40 minutes to get together before they came to school was pretty well kept. All in all they just don't fit the description of depressed people, except in the way they act and come off, which anyone could pull off with or with out acting lessons.

    But yeah... black treis depressing.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

  6. #22
    Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    352
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    goths are people who WANT to be labelled as a goth, don't you think? well, it's just my opinion anyway. but I think goths are generally alright people, they're not psycho or whatever and we should respect their style.

    generally, I think it's only human nature if we label/judge people.

  7. #23
    The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    1,922
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    Not to attack you, but I find it all too tacky when people actually call themselves the label they are given.

    Like a goth for instance, if they went around going "I am a goth" it would seem the whole thing loses it's point because then your dressing like that for the soul purpose to actually be that label or stereotype when you should really just be like that because it's who you are. And if it's who you are then you shouldn't be labeling yourself.

    Dress in the emo style, listen to the emo music fine. But the moment you go
    around admitting to be emo then your sliding into the whole poser territory. You don't become something to gain that label, the label is for the people who describe what you are, weather it's an insult or just a habit of having to make a universal description.

    The only labels I am familiar with are:

    Preps, goths, emo, punk, geek, skater, white trash, trailer trash (which is almost the same as white trash cept they live in trailers), skanks, tweens, skuzzies, jocks, and my personal fave stupid AO newbies.

    BTW I like goth kids and all, I had a few goth friends back in high school, but don't ever tell me that people who dress goth are depressed in any way shape or form ever. There is no way anyone who takes that much time dressing like that and putting all that makeup on is depressed. Depressed people just don't care that much about their appearance to even bother.
    Meiwaku, I see your point, but in my case - I'm a geek - I can honestly say that I feel good being called a geek, and I don't mind telling people about my geekiness. It's more like an honor to me than an insult.

    If only other 'cliques' could be proud of their nicknames....

    "Hi! I'm Sally! I'm trailer trash!"

  8. #24
    ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    buckingham, near milton keynes england
    Posts
    598
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: labels and labeling

    Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    Not to attack you, but I find it all too tacky when people actually call themselves the label they are given.

    Like a goth for instance, if they went around going "I am a goth" it would seem the whole thing loses it's point because then your dressing like that for the soul purpose to actually be that label or stereotype when you should really just be like that because it's who you are. And if it's who you are then you shouldn't be labeling yourself.

    Dress in the emo style, listen to the emo music fine. But the moment you go
    around admitting to be emo then your sliding into the whole poser territory. You don't become something to gain that label, the label is for the people who describe what you are, weather it's an insult or just a habit of having to make a universal description.

    The only labels I am familiar with are:

    Preps, goths, emo, punk, geek, skater, white trash, trailer trash (which is almost the same as white trash cept they live in trailers), skanks, tweens, skuzzies, jocks, and my personal fave stupid AO newbies.

    BTW I like goth kids and all, I had a few goth friends back in high school, but don't ever tell me that people who dress goth are depressed in any way shape or form ever. There is no way anyone who takes that much time dressing like that and putting all that makeup on is depressed. Depressed people just don't care that much about their appearance to even bother.

    mabye she just aknoleges that she fits into that group. i'm a goth, i don't go around going "look LOOK AT ME, i am a goth, did you know, i'm a goth" but if someone asks me what gourp i think i fit into then i will say goth, i'm not a poser i just know thats what i am.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts