Thread: Lack of inspiration

Newbie Clarkshark may be famous one day Clarkshark may be famous one day Clarkshark's Avatar
    Thanks

Lack of inspiration

hey i am nineteen and an avid anime/manga fan. i have been a dedicated artist for about, hmm let's see, nineteen years. i pencil, ink, and use water colors and markers of various sorts. i have been drawing this comic book, well trying to and it's not going any where due to no insparation...
    So i am new and i though this would be a good thing to start out with.
    Thanx for any input.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    One: it really depends what you like to do.
    Two: Most really good stories are derived from the life experience that you gain.

So, unless there is more info on what particular things interest you, all I can give you is what inspires me.

For me, it is usually music. If I listen to different sounding music, my art has a way different theme, style, and position. You could try it and see if it works for you.

Newbie Hammerfist may be famous one day Hammerfist may be famous one day Hammerfist's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Clarkshark
    hey i am nineteen and an avid anime/manga fan. i have been a dedicated artist for about, hmm let's see, nineteen years. i pencil, ink, and use water colors and markers of various sorts. i have been drawing this comic book, well trying to and it's not going any where due to no insparation...
    So i am new and i though this would be a good thing to start out with.
    Thanx for any input.

Here’s some advice kid. Try and get the story finished before you lift a brush. Sure it can change as you start animating and the personalities of the characters come to life, but if you have a clear idea where the story is going you can start visualizing how each scene looks and relates to each other.

Where do you get your ideas from? Well, they can come from anywhere and everywhere, if your stuck and can’t think of something from your everyday life, and you can’t make something up, try rewriting one of your favorite films/comics etc. Change the characters about…make the bad guy win this time…anything you want. Remember there are no limits, apart from the ones you construct.

Hammer

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Take a break ClarkShark. I mean it, just don't think about your comic.

I find that when i'm writing and I get stuck for ideas, taking a break helps. Sometimes I go for a run, somtimes I meditate and sometimes I just go downstairs for a glass of water. Find something that relaxes your mind and concentrate on other things, then you'll see that inspiration finds you, not that you find inspiration.

-Sib

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.