Thread: Last Exile

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks

Last Exile

So who out there watched this yet, i'm only through the first few epps but it's turning out to be my type of anime hey i'm loving it.

I like the whole contrast of old day stuff with new stuff, i mean the first fight they do like olden day battles just stand there and shoot at each other thats so cool

So no spoilers in here okay i'm still watching just wanna see if anyone out there liked this or not?

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I've watched all of the episodes up to and including volume 5 of the American release (I think that's up to episode 22... I think), and I must say that the visuals never cease to amaze me. The music is also consistently top-notch.

The storyline though, well, I just fell like there is not a lot that has been explained, even after 22 episodes. There are just gaping holes in the plot. Also, another thing that annoys me is at times I feel like I missed something big, like they skipped over a scene or two.

I don't know, maybe I'm just a baka, and I don't see it, but without giving anything away: there is certain terminology/names of people or countries used in the show that is either used several times to mean different things, or never explained at all, which leaves me asking, "what the heck was that all about?"

Is anybody else feeling the same way?

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ahh okay well i'll finnish it in a few days time then i'll tell u if it confused me or not hopefully not there are 24 eps or 26th i can't rember.

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks
    i saw all the episodes that they showed on tech tv...beautiful artwork, although i always found it weird that the little girls' name was 'alvis'...and the vocal actor for 'dio' sounded really gay, at first i thought the character was female (it's the same guy who did Kazuki in Dual!, but really fruity sounding)...the storyline did seem to jump around tho, but the artwork kinda made up for that (at least for me)

Newbie DJFlipD may be famous one day DJFlipD may be famous one day DJFlipD's Avatar
    Thanks
    I watched this awhile ago (quite awhile ago) and I can say without a doubt that is one of the Best animes I have ever seen in my life (and that's alot) The music, animation and storyline are as near perfect as you can get I can't even think of a bad thing to say about this anime besides the fact that I wish it would have never ended. If you haven't seen this yet DO IT WATCH IT NOW I COMMAND YOU!, also if you have only seen this anime with english dubbs (shudders) you must watching it in Japanese with English Subs... MUCH MUCH Better that way.

Either way go see it ASAP!

~sore demo ittai kono boku ni nani ga dekiru tte iun da~

Newbie KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust may be famous one day KayJayFromAust's Avatar
    Thanks
    just for those of you that are lost:

Prestel, a world filled with the atmosphere of the time when it went through industrial revolution remains.

There lives Klaus Valca, a 15 year old who using the Van Ship (a small flying ship) left behind by his father, made his home in the sky along with his childhood friend Lavie Head who is also 15.

Their dream was to surpass what their fathers couldn't do and that was to pass through the storm known as "Grand Stream". But, one day, a mysterious girl Alvis Hamilton, aged 11 is entrusted to them by the battle airship Silvana and they get dragged into a battle that shakes the world. The world of Prestel where a sea of wind and clouds stretch out.

The Grand Stream, sweeps across high in the skies.
    Two countries that confront one another, Anatorel and Dysis.
    Now, is the start of a terrible and exciting story!

From AnimeNFO

I loved the series, the CG is so cool and the story is so sweet. Everything fits none of those blow up the world and the end type.

100% have to watch.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I liked this show... no surprise considering I tend to like Gonzo's work. It has a nice story, some excellent artwork and animation... and although Dio did sound like a girl in the dubbed version, it's still a really good series that I highly recommend seeing.

Otaku paultjuh may be famous one day paultjuh may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i definetly recommend it 4 everyone ^_^
    it's a very good anime, very well drawn, good characters and an nice story.
    not to hard to understand.
    to bad there're only 26(something like that) eppisodes