Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Last Exile

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Last Exile

As the subject suggests this thread is all about Last Exile, personally I love about everything Gonzo puts out but this one was really good to me. I loved he story and the art was amazing.

I really hated the ending as my two favorite characters (Dio Eraclea and Alex Rowe both die, well Alex Rowe for sure....Dio's voice can be heard for a breif moment when the scene scans back to the engine room of the Silvana which was after he got blown away in the Grand Stream so maybe he live?)

So what do you think? Have you seen it (if not then stop go buy the series watch and thank me later) Questions?

Otaku Chibi Vincent may be famous one day Chibi Vincent may be famous one day Chibi Vincent's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Last Exile

yeah...last year i rented Last Exile from library(also stole one of their last exile discT-T..)and it was good..i love the ending theme 19 over the sky..and the storyline was ok

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Last Exile??? One of the best Anime series that I have ever seen in my life. Already seen it for the more than three times along with my little sister, who is a huge Last Exile zealot. It is she, who got me into this simply designed yet aesthetically pleasing series. I own the DVD set and even the soundtracks. All is well and good regarding the ratings of this show. A must see!!!

Otaku *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura* may be famous one day *Mayura*'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kedar
    Last Exile??? One of the best Anime series that I have ever seen in my life. Already seen it for the more than three times along with my little sister, who is a huge Last Exile zealot. It is she, who got me into this simply designed yet aesthetically pleasing series. I own the DVD set and even the soundtracks. All is well and good regarding the ratings of this show. A must see!!!
    Hehe...you silly, calling your sister a zealot. ^-^

Anyways, I have seen a few episodes of Last Exile, and am planning to finish watching the whole series soon. I agree with you, chiefblackhammer-sami, it is a spectacular show.

Yep...yeppies...A MUST SEE.
    *^-^* Thank you SasuraiHell *^-^*

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes.... poor Alex, I cried like a little fangirl when that happened, but I loved how he took down that bitch with him. (forgotten her name, Dio's sister)

Loved Last Exile, the animation was simply drool worthy, and I loved Lavie, she was cool. Must re-watch it some day.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Newbie bugsy may be famous one day bugsy may be famous one day bugsy's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm watching Last Exile actually. It's an amazing serie. Remain a few episodes to finish the serie, here. But I'm interesting to know more than this serie & its final.
    I'm very sad because Alex dies but comfort me that Dolpine (Dio's sister) dies too.
    I only hope her death had been very very painfull and cruel just like she deserve. I just know how dies Alex & Dolphine but how dies Dio & what happen with Luciola? What is the Exile & what happen with the rest of the characters?

Newbie celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm may be famous one day celestialcharm's Avatar
    Thanks

I never actually watched it before, but I ended up becomming obsessed with the ending theme. I have no idea where I even found that song!

But, I really would like to watch it! Everyone keeps on saying good things about the series, so eventually I'll rent it or buy it.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bugsy
    I'm watching Last Exile actually. It's an amazing serie. Remain a few episodes to finish the serie, here. But I'm interesting to know more than this serie & its final.
    I'm very sad because Alex dies but comfort me that Dolpine (Dio's sister) dies too.
    I only hope her death had been very very painfull and cruel just like she deserve. I just know how dies Alex & Dolphine but how dies Dio & what happen with Luciola? What is the Exile & what happen with the rest of the characters?

I don't like giving away an ending to someone that hasn't seen it but since you asked for it here you go:

A cannon shot from the Silvanna kills Alex. This happens when Sophia gives the order, as to try and stop Exile from being activated by Delphine and she believes Alex to be either dead or unable to escape. As she gives the order and they fire the girl that “hears” sounds hears Alex’s last words (way to darn sad).

Dio looses his memory through some brain washing from his sister so he will perform the right to the covenant. Lucciola helps Dio and Claus escape but dies at the hand of Delphine in the process. Dio chases after Claus like he did earlier in that vanguard race except he does it through the grand steam this time. He has flash backs to the earlier race where he tells Lucciola to jump out and since his memory is whacked, when he looks back and doesn't see Lucciola he believes that he really jumped out. This causes him to semi climb out of the vanguard cockpit towards the back. Then some kind of bump in the stream causes him and the vanguard to fly out of control, presumably killing him. But like I said earlier Dio's voice can be heard for a brief moment when the scene scans back to the engine room of the Silvanna which was after he got blown away in the Grand Stream so maybe he lived?

The exile is well two things first it is a Teraformer, meaning a ship that can teraform which is the process of modifying a planet, moon or other body to a more habitable atmosphere, temperature or ecology. It also is a giant interstellar colony ship that humanity used to travel to the planet the series takes place on.

They all live and it flashes through so scenes with them all after it is all said and done.

On a special note Mullen Shetland (the infantry man) is seriously wounded in the attack on the guild and appears to have been killed, but survives and appears with his love in the ending, holding up a child like Klaus and Lavie's fathers did for them.

Hope that helps!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast