Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The laws of copyrighting.

Newbie Rick Parks may be famous one day Rick Parks may be famous one day
    Thanks

The laws of copyrighting.

Ok people feel free to chew me out for this one.(oh and I have a feeling you will. )Ever since I started watching inuyasha and yuyu hakusho I wondered what it would be like to see Sesshomaru go up against Hiei.Seeing as there was no way in hell we were ever going to see that happen,I decided to make up a fan fictoin and draw it out.Well here is were my problem comes in.Ever since I told my friend that I was going to place the comic on the internet to see, he insist that I'm on grounds for a lawsuit.Now before you give a response to this I want you to know what I was planning to do:I was just going to write the story down,draw it out and put it on the internet FOR FREE.The creators won't get mad will they I mean all it is
    another fanfic right.
    I don't know what soccerery dug you up."laughs Rick as he throws of his school uniform revealing his team outfit.His cheeks and forhead begin to glow and upon his face appears the markings of the lightforce."But when I am through with you your going to wish you stayed dead."

Retired frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta may be famous one day frr_Vegeta's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The laws of copyrighting.

While this is a good topic, it's not really a debate in that there is actually one single correct answer to this question. Moving to the anime section.

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks

Look...Ive done stuff like that too...
    It is illegal and the characters are copyrighted...
    But...The work we do isnt even a itch for the authors...they gain nothing with sewing us..They dont care...the characters are theirs anyways.

Newbie Rick Parks may be famous one day Rick Parks may be famous one day
    Thanks

And theres another questoin that I failed to add on. If I was to make a story about Sesshomaru and Hiei could that mean a lawsuit even if I'm not making any profit on it?
    Last edited by Rick Parks; Jan 29, 2006 at 12:56 PM.
    I don't know what soccerery dug you up."laughs Rick as he throws of his school uniform revealing his team outfit.His cheeks and forhead begin to glow and upon his face appears the markings of the lightforce."But when I am through with you your going to wish you stayed dead."

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

well its fanfiction, but you most definitely need to give credit to the original creator, author or whatever. Personally if any one files a lawsuit against fanfiction or fanarts, someone needs to open up their tight asses.

is On Point Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi is making a name for themselves Abu Dhabi's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, as long as you give credit where credit is due, there should be any problem...

just don't sell merchandise and pay your taxes!!!

if you do those two things, everything should be okie dokie!!!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

It doesn't matter if you are going to make money on it or not, the characters, series and every other part of it is owned and copyrighted by the series creators. Without written permission (which you could never get without some serious $$$ up front) you run the risk of a lawsuit, jail and fines.

Now you could argue "fair use practice" but that would still be up to a jury in a court of law and at the least you would have court costs and legal fees. I don't think you will have problems with what you are wanting to do (I mean I wouldn't dare put a sig or wall on the net if I did), I am just saying that there is the risk.

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

As a student Cartoonist
    I have check out a book at the public libary I check a book about getting copyrights for your work
    I might just get my copy rights

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast