Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The laws of copyrighting.

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The laws of copyrighting.

Look at it this way, you are not making any profit at all, you are doing this for the fans; since it is like that, think about this, how many people are just like you, wanting to do a fan-fiction and maybe draw it out, how many artists and fan fiction writers are out in the world, think about that and that is your answer. The company won't do anything as long as you do use thier EXACT character drawings in others you copy the character designs EXACTLY and you do not make a profit off of what you do.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

i just want to say that one fine example is the super robot wars(the game).
    banpresto(who made the game series) did really practice the laws of copyright carefully and correctly which gave me a respect for banpresto. after all, the game contains all anime mecha(gundams, macross, eva, etc.) in which they do cost a lot from the very likeness of the mechas, characters, and even the voices of the japanese actors. and what makes more impressed, that bandai will continue making the game in all types of game consoles(except for x-box, because the game is purely made only in japan).
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma may be famous one day dave_akuma's Avatar
    Thanks

to be totally honest, the only time you'll have to worry about copyright infringement is if you're making some serious money off of it...like several thousand dollars or more...

Newbie northlight may be famous one day northlight may be famous one day
    Thanks

we all know its a bad thing to break the law of copyright, but nobody seems to care and u only need to worry that if u get caught though XD

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

If you want your work protected you get them them copyrighted.

Otaku silvebloodalchemist may be famous one day silvebloodalchemist may be famous one day silvebloodalchemist's Avatar
    Thanks

Look...Ive done stuff like that too...
    It is illegal and the characters are copyrighted...
    But...The work we do isnt even a itch for the authors...they gain nothing with sewing us..They dont care...the characters are theirs anyways.
    ちょっと単一あるか。 私はあり、女の子がほしいと思う im back and seeking vengence!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

its called doujinshi, alot of people make them.
    An if your not selling it.. then i dont see how your taking any profit away from the creators... i dont think they could sue you.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

A Returning Soul Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy may be famous one day Twitchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Parks
    Ok people feel free to chew me out for this one.(oh and I have a feeling you will. )Ever since I started watching inuyasha and yuyu hakusho I wondered what it would be like to see Sesshomaru go up against Hiei.Seeing as there was no way in hell we were ever going to see that happen,I decided to make up a fan fictoin and draw it out.Well here is were my problem comes in.Ever since I told my friend that I was going to place the comic on the internet to see, he insist that I'm on grounds for a lawsuit.Now before you give a response to this I want you to know what I was planning to do:I was just going to write the story down,draw it out and put it on the internet FOR FREE.The creators won't get mad will they I mean all it is
    another fanfic right.
    well doesnt work cited prevent you from being sued
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=22388&dateline=123367  5260

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2