Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -Legacy of the Saiyans-

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks

-Legacy of the Saiyans-

I presume this is a painfully redundant topic, but I haven't been here in SO long, so forgive my stupidity -- ^_^

Now, is it just me, or is Naruto judged a bit to closely to DBZ? In other words, is it even fair to make the comparison -- Is it fair to compare Naruto to DBZ when they seem totally different?

Or do you believe the two animes are closely related or similar and why?
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well it's already known that I'm not too big on Dragon Ball, but i still enjoyed some of it very much....and it seems to me that Naruto is better of the two because it gives you equal amounts of action and substance, while Dragon Ball was mainly relying on the action to pull the series along and usually gave the majority of it's followers migranes with it's overly repetitive nature. Naruto is like DBZ with a fresh and much more involving take on that sort of show. At least that's how i feel about it..

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Many fear that Naruto will turn into a new DBZ but it hasn't happened yet.
    Naruto's storyline is fresh enough at the moment but there is always a possibility that it will fall for the tired
    'new enemy--->train harder--->defeat enemy--->repeat' scheme...

Otaku sp00g may be famous one day sp00g may be famous one day sp00g's Avatar
    Thanks
    damn dbz was repetitve...
    well, like hassun said, unless they do some amazing, naruto is also going to become very repetitive.

but, i hope after they end naruto, they dont do something stupid, like make a naruto GT... XD

THE KARAKURA LION JET!!! XD

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sp00g
    well, like hassun said, unless they do some amazing, naruto is also going to become very repetitive.
    I didn't say that.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    if anything's repetitive, it's Pokemon
    any show that's been around for over 5 years without a real ending
    DBZ? DBGT? they have an ending
    Pokemon? god... it will never end until Ash dies
    we must destroy the heart of Pokemon! (
    South Park reference)

anyway...
    Naruto...
    like people said before me
    the storyline's fresh
    Masashi Kishimoto is a fresh young mind that doesn't need gimmicks to make his anime more popular
    DBZ: Oooh... super-sayains... explosions... a fight every minute...
    Akira Toriyama... where were you when GT was being made?
    because of your absence, the Dragon Ball series is starting to die
    [mexican dude from Family Guy: POR QUE?]

so...
    fresh, new anime that doesn't suffer from too much clich├ęs like Naruto and Fullmetal Alchemist shall prosper

I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Damn you guys make some good points. My impression of this is that Naruto in many respects represents an evolution of many of the principles that DBZ put forth.

It's like a progression of art in that regard. That's why I hope it doesn't regress into it's predecessors shoe's and become horribly pleonastic!
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

Banned lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon may be famous one day lord nikon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Naruto isnt even a itch to DBZ, cuz DBZ is just one of the best, and Naruto is just a............... you know, its just a........ itch.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast