Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: -Legacy of the Saiyans-

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Naruto is an itch that is slowly becoming a rash
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow, what the heck are you two saying? So subtle in your remarks...

But I gotta agree with "hellboy"...

... it is a rash that will soon envelope your body and your soul!
    I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks
    lol
    damn straight

sooner or later, the Naruto otakus will overrun the DBZ otakus
    hell, with Sasuke on our side, how can we lose?
    those Vegeta fangurls will turn
    yes, they will
    *evil lol*

I love my girlfriend.

Otaku Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge may be famous one day Hardedge's Avatar
    Thanks
    lol, well said. I mean really, Naruto is far more humble in it's scope. We need not worry about saving the universe or the entire human race!

Plus Naruto already has yellow hair ... he really doesn't need to "power up" in that regard...

I shall seize Fate by the throat; it shall certainly not bend and crush me completely -- Beethoven

Experience without theory is blind, but theory without experience is mere intellectual play -- Kant

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    The problem is that dragonball was good for a pretty long time (the whole dragonball series) but when DBZ came it went downhill fast, the TV episodes where done crappily (sounds nice ) although they still followed the story from the manga.

So, a disaster scenario for Naruto:
    The anime stops following the manga's story (the anime catches up to the manga or it just goes in a different direction).

What I'm trying to say is that even though the DBZ TV series had a horrible execution (e.g. moving the plot one step forward took several episodes), it still mainly followed the manga's storyline.
    As long as Kishimoto keeps writing the good stuff and the anime follows his lead there is nothing to be worried about.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    The problem is that dragonball was good for a pretty long time (the whole dragonball series) but when DBZ came it went downhill fast, the TV episodes where done crappily (sounds nice ) although they still followed the story from the manga.

So, a disaster scenario for Naruto:
    The anime stops following the manga's story (the anime catches up to the manga or it just goes in a different direction).

What I'm trying to say is that even though the DBZ TV series had a horrible execution (e.g. moving the plot one step forward took several episodes), it still mainly followed the manga's storyline.
    As long as Kishimoto keeps writing the good stuff and the anime follows his lead there is nothing to be worried about.
    Yeah, evidentially the manga is quite spectacular. From what I know it's the lifeline, obviously...

I also hope the series stays true to it's format and doesn't spiral out of control. But look, after so many episodes, the temptation is probably there ... remains to be seen I guess.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    The biggest danger right now is that the anime is creeping dangerously close to the manga.
    They are forced to include filler episodes once in a while to make sure they're not catching up to the manga.

Making lots of $$ is to blame of course, Naruto has built up a huge fanbase and mindless masses who will buy everything related to the product is like nice (classical ) music in the ears of merchendise salesmen.

Thanks
    I just hope that when the series ends, the series ends
    we have seen what happens when you try to revive a series too many times
    so far the only series that works are Gundam and Tenchi Muyo
    probably because they tend to evolve
    all Dragon Ball spawn used the same formula over and over again

oh, and I see another problem Naruto is going to have to deal with
    it's the length of the series
    I believe it's now around 120
    sooner or later, it might beat InuYasha's record 150+
    a series that's too long is a good money maker
    but the novelty tends to wear out