Thread: Legal stuff

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

Legal stuff

ok, so I finishing the final touches to my site and gonna release it soon. But one problem the legal stuff, like copyrighted pictures that I want to use. So if the person how made the AO banner can tell me where they did they're legal work. Much love will be given.

~~Creesco

Full Metal Alchemist sucks. Wanna try and prove me wrong?
    www.creesco.com
    We have nothing else to do except rate your grammar.

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Legal stuff

Wish I could help...But...I had my mom do the legal stuff for my site^.^...I think she sent the whole thing to the copyright office in D.C .....

I'm ♥mazing!

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

hmmm I'm an independent artist so I'm really hoping someone thats been the law field could really help me, but seeing this an anime forum the concept of law and anime don't mix very well. Well maybe to that one GBA game with the court cases and stuff

www.creesco.com

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Since this is a Website legal question, and not a 'Technical' question, this is being moved to the Graphics/Wallpaper/Website Forum...

Moving...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Creesco
    ok, so I finishing the final touches to my site and gonna release it soon. But one problem the legal stuff, like copyrighted pictures that I want to use. So if the person how made the AO banner can tell me where they did they're legal work. Much love will be given.

~~Creesco
    If your website is a non-profit venture (i.e. hobby) your use of copyrighted images in the banner are for the most part covered under the "fair use" clauses of copyright law. As long as you yourself are not claiming ownership of the images used, you'll be fine. Most folks throw in a little disclaimer somewhere stating that they do not own the images used.

That is pretty much the best that you're going to be able to do. Any sort of actual request for permission to use the image will most likely result a licensing fee, but it won't hurt to ask the copyright holder (drop an e-mail) if it's OK to use the image in your site. One important note: CLAMP expressly forbids people from doing ANYTHING with their work if they don't have full permission from the CLAMP ladies themselves.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Thanks

thats what I told my dad and he still said that I need to get permission from the owners. Anyway this is the basic outline, as you can see it has the logo from One Piece and a helguast solider from Killzone. I know by dropping an e-mail I'll never get a reply from an actul person.

www.creesco.com