Thread: Lest we forget...

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Lest we forget...

Rememberence Day in Canada (Or Veterans Day in the US) isn't until tomorrow, but because my college is closed tomorrow, they held their Ceremony today, and I just got back from it.

2005 is the Year of Veteran, marking the 60th aniversery of the end of World War II. Rememberence Day is special in my family. We have a long history of military service in almost every major world conflict in the last 100 years.

I have a great Uncle who was an RAF (Royal Air Force) Pilot in WWI who is buried in France. My grandfather was at Perl Harbour who also served in the Korean and Veitnam wars. My uncle Tony was stationed on the air craft carrier Uss Ticonderoga during the Veitnam war, and my father has done NATO duty in Germany in the 80's and has done 2 UN Peacekeeping tours in Yugoslavia, and his father was a Merchant Marine in WWII.

This November 11th, remember those who have served. Wear a poppy. They put their lives on the line for our freedom, or to end the suffering of others. Thank them for answering their country's call to service, even if you don't agree with the conflict which they participated in.

During the ceremony that I attended, they played a music video by a Nova Scotian Singer/Song-writer Terry Kelly, and I invite you watch it.

http://www.terry-kelly.com/pittance/.../tkeng1_t1.mov

Lest we forget...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lest we forget...

Thank you for the reminder.

(btw your link is broken)

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lest we forget...

Yes, it's good to remember, But this is more of a journal entry then a discussion type thread.