Thread: Let's start a grassroots movement against unintelligble posts

Otaku dark_glaive may be famous one day dark_glaive may be famous one day
    Thanks

Let's start a grassroots movement against unintelligble posts

I've noticed around AO that some people just can't write in an intelligble manner. I imagine the mods don't have time to mod these people, or even to make a rule about it for which I don't blame them. So in an effort to make the forum better, I advocate to everyone that we treat those who can't write at least readable quality statements harshly. They'll either leave, or learn the fundamentals of writing. The Overclocked ReMix board works like this to great success, and it is one of most lively and invigorating forums I have been to.

I'm hoping this doesn't offend the mods or anything, as that wasn't my intent. Just an idea.
    Dont make your sig that big again or I'll de-brain you---administration

Newbie Brother may be famous one day Brother may be famous one day Brother's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hey! I agree! Some claim to be over 18 in their profiles but still act like they're still 12. Amazing isn't it?

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I doubt the mods would take kindly to us people flaming the morons, as fun as it would be.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_glaive
    I've noticed around AO that some people just can't write in an intelligble manner. I imagine the mods don't have time to mod these people, or even to make a rule about it for which I don't blame them. So in an effort to make the forum better, I advocate to everyone that we treat those who can't write at least readable quality statements harshly. They'll either leave, or learn the fundamentals of writing. The Overclocked ReMix board works like this to great success, and it is one of most lively and invigorating forums I have been to.

I'm hoping this doesn't offend the mods or anything, as that wasn't my intent. Just an idea.
    Absolutely that will NOT HAPPEND period. NONE OF YOU have any right to correct the members of this community. If a member writes in a way that only him/her can understand it will be handled by the members of the staff ONLY.

Any attempt to do something like this (harrasment by the regular members) is against the forum rules and it will be handled the hardest way possible as stated in the same rules, that will include public humilliation against the member (yeah we will humilliate you in public so don't test us)....

And here is the portion of the rules that will take effect:
    -Don't be an @$$hole. Flaming, excessive swearing, sexual posts, harrassment or generally hostile attitude will result in immediate banning. Just be respectful of others.

- Violation of these rules can (and will) result in any of the following: thread closure, warning, public humiliation, temporary suspension of account, permanant banning from AnimeOnline.
    Case closed and sealed....