Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Life/Death

Newbie tsumes_girl may be famous one day tsumes_girl may be famous one day
    Thanks

Exclamation Death

OH I LOVE talking about death. Well the way i see it, is we have a porpose to life. God just dont call u up and tell u you have to find it. You only have so long; your body is like a clock. If you have completed your task u go 2 "heaven."whatever u belive in. If u dont you come back here, reincarnation(spelled wrong?) If u have been an ass u go 2 hell. I think hell is the world in witch i like, no my house,no no, this world: earth. so I'm trying to find my task so i can go where ever, just not here. jut dont for get to have fun though!!

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    What is life?
    Scientifically speaking...I'll agree with energy, whatever name you want to give it. It's been proven that a body looses a small percentage of weight after death, with no dicernable reason we've found yet. (There are some macbre people out there.) And since energy can never be destroyed, only converted....

Why is life?
    There are sooo many ways I could answer that one, but I'll keep it to this: Life is a forge, and each person a unique batch of raw materiels. Different talents, different personalities. Different potentials. By going through the forge of life we determine which of those potentiels we will fill. What kind of tool or product we'll be, whether it's a blade or a wagon wheel or a rocking chair. (metal rocking chair? whatever.) Our choices also decide whether the blade will have flaws that lead to its shattering. But the point is, unless we go through the forge we'll never be more than a lump of materials, never be what we could be. It's a risk, but one worth taking.

How is life?
    Ideally - lived with honour, courage, and joy.

As for heaven and hell, I personally think people make their own heaven or hell. Someone who never allows themselves to be happy or content in life isn't likely to change once they die.

Death doesn't scare me. Dying, yes. There's lots of ways I wouldn't want to go. But death itself, no. My concern is whether I'll have acomplished what I need to before the plug is pulled.

Newbie Laharl may be famous one day Laharl may be famous one day Laharl's Avatar
    Thanks
    Let me just say this... We live to die.

thats what my stoner friend told me. IDK! >_<
    "Demons show no love..." - Laharl

Death to all anime school chicks

Newbie Setsunayaki may be famous one day Setsunayaki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love
    ok seeing as sadow is beating me to all the philsophical thread ideas here two in one What is life? why is life? and How is life?

to me life is energy that needed to be converted but couldnt a third kind if you will that incorperats all energy as for the meaning to life well to quote FFIX

"We seek the meaning to life because we are mortal"
    as for a purepes in life mine is to learn all that people fear and what people fear is the unknown but I have a primary purpas and thats to guid people to think for them selfs dont just believe what one religon your parents follow make your own detmansion about things not just about religon but about life humanity death ect...

as for death I'm not sure whos to say there is a heavan and a hell and I think a "God" would like us to question it and find out for ourselfs I myself dont fear death in fact I cant wait for it. I say that because I have a lot of questions about death what happens what is it? ect
    Language defines life by giving us something to label everything. Culture and morals create a certain shell and time gives us meaning. Make the most of it.

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love
    ok seeing as sadow is beating me to all the philsophical thread ideas here two in one What is life? why is life? and How is life?

If your looking for a answer as to why we all exist in this black hole we all know as space, then good luck -- cause all we have are idea's and no answers and that aint gonna change any time soon. Anyway -- life is what you make of it, fun/hell/joy/etc, life is a result of what you do. Now why we have life at all is a mystery like i stated at start.

How is life? thats all up to you and your actions, and dont go wandering about death -- you'll find out soon enough now won't you? We all got philopshy, but dont go deeply on that or you will get depressed and hate living...

Life for me is merely the total sum of my actions in this domain, dont care how it came to be or why, I'm just here and im gonna live it up (living la vida local?). I'm past wasting my time being idle and wandering how things came to be etc. Anyways...

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks
    Life... it's the journey towards Death. Death is the journey back to Life. It's one big cycle.

Philosophically it will be the question never answered singularly by one person. Each of us finds our own path for Life, and eventually, probably, in Death. So what you do in Life is your own decision. You breathe it, speak it, hear it, touch it, feel it, love it, hate it, despise, and cry over it. It is everything we were, are, and will eventually become. Life and Death are the same thing.
    You are who you make yourself in Life.

Newbie Dominion<lain> may be famous one day Dominion<lain> may be famous one day Dominion<lain>'s Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Think

How about this "theory" as an answer for your questions?

Think that you are nothing. That your body is not yours, but functions most of the time normally and sometimes abnormal< you get sick >
    That the things you do,say,feel in life are made possible by a few cells, genes, atomes. Those cells together makes you. Those cells die every moment and are been made the other moment. So it means that you are constantly recreated by those cells. Dont forget that the things you see are in fact not real. Why can we give objects different shapes? Youre desk is a living organism. Because the desk consists off atoms. Atoms move under different circumstances, and movement means it contains life?
    Eventually you are a product off those cells,genes,atoms. Another question will rise and that is how is our world,thoughts,universe,feelings kept together in such a harmonious way? Do not think that the world was always like this and will stay like this forever. Your body that you proudly claims as your own consits out off billions other living beiings<cells>. The reason why you can sit in peace behind your desk is GOD.
    So lets wrap this up. You are nothing, so be prepared for what will come after you die, cause you cant go back.<reiincarnation is bullshit> If you could go back to earth after death then you could do anything you want. Thats why now the humans have lowered themselves.

Newbie Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha may be famous one day Hogosha's Avatar
    Thanks

Contradiction

So you give this huge scientific theory as to what life is, or the possibility thereof, but then you say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Dominion<lain>
    The reason why you can sit in peace behind your desk is GOD.
    Doesn't make sense to me. You're mixing religion with science (usually doesn't mix well) and that's a big, NO NO.

If you want to talk about GOD and religion there is another Thread just for that. We can discuss that there or here, because now there's a philosophical argument that you just brought up.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast