View Poll Results: which one you like better?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • linux

3 25.00%
  • windows

9 75.00%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: linux or windows?

Otaku baikuza may be famous one day baikuza may be famous one day baikuza's Avatar
    Thanks

linux or windows?

nowadays, linux and windows has their own place in the people hearth.
    acctually i have use linux, but i'm stop using it because the kernel core does not compatible with my hardware...

i'm wondering, which OS(not OverSoul..!) would you prefer? windows or linux? if both of it can be use by our computer.-i know a computer can have both, linux and windows(yap, i'm experienced with it), but this option won't accepted because i do not want you pick this as the answer.

i want to know your oppinion too.

yap, i will wait your answer&oppinion.

(

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: linux or windows?

Moving to tech center!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Otaku nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21 may be famous one day nexus21's Avatar
    Thanks

I say windows cause i heard that linux was a mre complcated OS.. that's what i've heard and if u want to make it like windows u have to do alot of work on it.. so ya go with windows that's what i would do
    lead me not to temptation... i can find it myself

As Seen on Internet KenX may be famous one day KenX may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well seeing as I operate on a Window OS, and windows is easy, I would have to say the Linux OS is probably the most stable OS. All it requires is time, time to figure out how to actually operate it.

Otaku animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime may be famous one day animemeanime's Avatar
    Thanks

I would like to use linux, but can't my compter wont run it. I like linux because i think what micosoft did to the compter ind. is wrong how they can stop everone else from even having a chance to produce a program. So if i could get a compter to run it i would use linux.
    "Brodie: "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega"
    Silent Bob: "Excitement, adventure... A Jedi craves not these things.
    "
    MALLRATS

Newbie Aozora may be famous one day Aozora may be famous one day
    Thanks

That's an eternity question

Most people like Windows cause that's the only OS they've ever used. So everyone kidna knows everything about windows.
    Or then because you can get everything for windows; games, software, everything you could want. But finding that stuff for Linux is a bit more hard. So that's the other reason why people stick to windows.

The main problems with windows are the continuos security threads and viruses. While on Linux there aren't nearly that many of those as in windows. Why?
    Cause if 20% use linux 50% use windows and 30% MAC OS. Where should you concentratrate all your efforts? On the majority of course. In this case windows.

Basicly with Linux you could manage without any virus software or Firewall. While on Windows everything needs to be up to date.

Now Linux and Windows aren't really that diffrent. Linux requires a bit more tuning up at first but then it runs like a charm. While windows, easy installation, easy to use, but you gotta clean it every now and then or it'll suffocate on it's own trash
    (I just deleted over 3 gigs of Temp files o.O)
    Now as far as i know i haven't heard that kind of problems with Linux.

Now the diffrences in using these two aren't that great. Windows has deskop Linux has desktop. Basicly everything you can find on windows you can find on Linux. It may be named a bit diffrently or in a diffrent location but it's all there and even more.
    On Linux you can change some settings that windows doesn't even have.

I'm still stuck with Windows...well at least until i get my own comp. Then i'm gonna get Suse :P

Newbie JEEB may be famous one day JEEB may be famous one day JEEB's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm pretty satisfied with my Windows XP workstation, even if it has its flaws. But what I see in Linux is a constantly developing strenght that has the power to give us all a better environment to use our PCs in. If you want to know about it, that is.

The open-source community, though, is growing more and more conscious about media publicity and such. I can still remember the Computer Security Day last year (in February). First there was an full-page ad in the largest newspaper in Finland from the government about the fact that people should start installing anti-virus and firewall software, stating the fact with the 'Start the worm treatment' message and an image of a can full of worms.

Next day, on the same spot there was a Tux on the front page, saying "Now you can stop the worm treatment" and having an empty can in it, making some administrators in my area laugh quite loudly.

But there are still some people in the world that won't even begin to wonder if there could be an alternative to all that software delivered with Windows. Linux may be hard for some people, not having all the drivers you could need, confusing with all the different distributions around and not having all those implanted software in it (not to count the different drive naming methods and such stuff), but it's still the one system that can continue developing with a good speed.

And I agree on the thing that it's an eternal question, yet.
    人生フゥ~!!!

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks

I´ll try be short on my explanation:

Basically WinXP in da House, and Linux on Work:

WinXP Pros:
    1. Interface
    2. Easy to install/use
    3. Games and some apps only works on Windows

LinuX Ubuntu Pros:
    1. Maximize the Performance of your computer
    2. Easy to use
    3. Secure (that´s why is good in the work)
    4. Free

WinXP Cons:
    1. Security is the weak point of this OS
    2. High prices
    3. Some Bugs/Crash still happen even if you update everything
    4. 256 mb RAM exclusive to SO :P
    5. The WinXP x64 ver. run worse than 32bits ver. even on a 64 bits processor...

LinuX Cons:
    1. To make a good installation u need do it manually... and this is a pain
    2. You can´t run win32 games/apps without an emulator OS
    3. Kernel editing isn´t that easy, and you need do it to have a better LinuX
    4. Don´t have Full hardware support (Like my athlon 64 Venice don´t run on Ubuntu x64)
    Last edited by paiki; Feb 15, 2006 at 02:43 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast