Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A little help? (Does anyone know about Fansubs?)

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks

A little help? (Does anyone know about Fansubs?)

Hey, I was just wondering, about fansubs. Does anybody know anything about them? 'Cuz I want to know more about them so i can watch them. I hear people say that fansubs are better. So if anybody knows something, please tell me.
    Thank you!^^ I want to know how to watch them.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    of course fan subs are better...THEY ARE FREE!!!

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    of course fan subs are better...THEY ARE FREE!!!
    um.. yes they are. BUT,

When an anime comes out in Japan, independent companies use translation programs and other methods to put subtitles onto the anime series.

They can release these "fansubs" to different regions around the globe. These regions are made so that episodes can be released at different times by big companies in leagal ways. Fansubs are not technically illeagal, but they do become illegal when a big company such as ADV or Geneon LICENCES the anime. Then all fansubs have to stop because its illeagal for anyone to download them.

This doesn't stop piracy though, so you will find illeagal stuff out there. The safest place you can find leagal stuff is in animesuki. You usually have to download these episodes with bittorrent. For info about that, try searching this forums with the search tool.

As for direct downloads, its hard to find them and there is not many. So bittorrent is the better way.

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is an Anime Topic Moving to Anime section

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah, I know there's more to that, but I was just pointing out the most obvious "good thing" about it

youth said it already, animesuki is where I go too, because over there not only do they provide links to downloads, but also links to reviews to the series which really helps people like me (ppl who don't wanna waste hard drive space)

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks for the info on fansubs. but can you guys tell me what is a bittorent and how you use it. Thanks. ^^

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Check out the FAQ page of bittorrent.com: http://www.bittorrent.com/FAQ.html
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Thanks
    thanks zui quan.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast