Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Liverstrong/Cancer Bracelets

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

Angry Liverstrong/Cancer Bracelets

ok I have been walking through stores here lately and everyone has those little silicone bracelets with messages on them but the whole thing is a rip off. When the original deal started Lance Armstrong and the American Cancer Society put these out as a way to raise money for Cancer research. Now everyone is making them you can even get them in little vending machines......But I do not think it is fair my aunt,grandad and many other family members have died of Cancer and I would love for one day for their to be a cure because it runs in the family but people are taking this and being greedy and ripping off the A.M.S. the society needs this money for research and purchasing and making these bracelets is wrong. I know these bracelets are fashionable but why not buy one from A.M.S. it is the same thing and same amount of money it is just the money goes to a just cause and not someones pocket..........I wanna know what yall think
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Liverstrong/Cancer Bracelets

So are you telling me that Lance Armstrong pockets the money from the LiveStrong wristbands?

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Otaku yanna may be famous one day yanna may be famous one day yanna's Avatar
    Thanks

no all the money goes to the American Cancer society he started it with the help of AMS but all the money goes to cancer because he is a cancer survivor
    I am insane and I am loving every hour of it? Any problems?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yanna
    no all the money goes to the American Cancer society he started it with the help of AMS but all the money goes to cancer because he is a cancer survivor
    So it's a good thing?

Now they just need to invent bracelets that actually give you cancer.
    I can see the marketing now...

"Buy your very own cancer bracelets! 85% Neptunium!"

ruler of mune667 deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667 may be famous one day deaths_raver667's Avatar
    Thanks

well i know you can get similar things in england but i think their for cancer research uk. but i know what your talking about, loads of people are making copies which is just bad. though i have seen one funny copy which is anti-chav, but thats just me.i don't buy them as i have the feeling i would probably pick up a fake.
    i am the urban monky
    look to the mune

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

a local news show here in NC did a story on these things. it would seem its become a fad like the Goth stuff and what not. Everyone has one or more of these braselets. The news show thinks people just do it to be popular and not for the cause of the braslets. Altho most of the money gained by the braslets go to the orginisation they are made for. I really don't see a problem with it as long as the money is going somewhere charitiable.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

Ah I had a big arguement with my friends over this, they were goin into shops and "borrowing" the Bracelets, it really annoyed me that they didnt understand why I was gettin so mad, it was just so hypacriticle of them to wear them if they didnt even pay the money for them, which is what they're all about!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah I've noticed everyone and their mom with one over the past year and sadly I think it started off as a good cause and now has just become another retarded fad, like the slap on bracelets of the late 80's. I dont have one and I have nothing against anyone who does and I knwo the point of them but I'm willing to bet you half the people that wear them dont.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast