Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: London 2012 (Summer Olympics)

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: London 2012

I think the real reason New York lost was due to concerns over transport (streets already packed with cars) and questions about the sites chosen for stadiums. As I understand there is already a suitable stadium in New York, but it needs alot of work done on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    (So anyone else wondering how much they had to pay in bribes?)
    Bribes? Us? No no no no, you misunderstand, we don't bribe! ^^; (at least ours paid off).

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Well because from what I heard, new york was planning for another stadium I think for the Jets football team, but I would need someone from NY to clear that up for me

but the location of the stadium got the politicians stopping each other from going anywhere

I would love to see San Francisco get an opportunity, but too bad our rich and poor neighborhoods are too mixed together together to get anything done. Other than that we have one too many bums and can't use angel island or alcatraz

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    but the money that is going to be brought in is even more
    No it won't be more.
    There is alot of financial loss coupled with hosting the Olympic games in your town, the main reason why people want them so much is prestige...

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: London 2012 (Summer Olympics)

It is possible to make a profit, but it is the exception rather then the rule.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku esthered may be famous one day esthered may be famous one day esthered's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that it's awesome that London's hosting it. Afterall, they are very sport-inclined, especially soccer-wise. Paris lost by 1 vote though, but London really deserved it.

Devoted Otaku N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja may be famous one day N.Y._Soulja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pyoro-pyoro
    but the money that is going to be brought in is even more

and New York lost because of damn politics again, if you guys want the thing just build the stupid stadium already

Sadly................................ but they might raise taxes.......... also they are already working on rebuilding the twin towers, so I doubt they'll be looking for olympics
    You should stop talking about your dreams, and start making them.

http://kuv319.tumblr.com/

There is something so human in the desire to never give up, while at the same time, never giving it your all?

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Thats definately going to be interesting, hopefully only good things come of it.

Otaku ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979 may be famous one day ArchangeL_1979's Avatar
    Thanks

Well......I don't like the fact that New York lost to London for the 2012 Olympics.....but No Offense, better we have lost to the English people than to the French people.....coz that would really pissed the ShiT out of me!

Anime 4-Lyf!
    ANiMe 4-LYF!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast