Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: London, 7th July 2005 (Terrorist Attack)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: London, 7th July 2005 (Terrorist Attack)

Damn. It was just a matter of time but still.... I wonder if my cousin is alright.

Major supporter against the war on terror, supporter of Iraq reconsruction, the Olympics and the summit...the whole world watching them right now... just a matter of time.

They probably do think that it will get the UK to pull out, after all it worked in Spain and Turkey amoung other places. I would like to show a little pride in the UK and assume that they won't let themselves be blackmailed in this manner. I hope I'm right.

Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    Leaders need to sit back and realize why these people are doing these things. They don't wake up one day saying...oh lets go kill some British citizens....
    No, they take years to plan them so it can have the largest impact and decrease their chance of getting caught. The more "terrorists" we capture the more you're idealized veiw is debunked. Yes that is what is happening in Palistine, but in the rest of the "Arab" world they have been proven to be power hungry bigots who use criminals, who will kill anyone for a few hundred bucks, and fanatics, brainwashed from childhood, to carry out their bloody bid for control.

Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    Dealing with a problem by killing never solves anything, it only creates more problems. No matter WHAT your intentions.
    Explain that to them. In my mind killing someone to defend yourself is very effective. It makes it difficult for them to try and kill you again.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Jul 07, 2005 at 01:16 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Legendary Otaku Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra may be famous one day Sinistra's Avatar
    Thanks

not as big as 9/11 but still tragic. I guess this means the US will send more troops to the middle east to hunt down osama again

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Update: well sort of. Evidently Guiliani was right by one of the blasts.
    9/11 mayor 'yards from London blast'
    "As we were walking through and driving through the streets of the city, it was remarkable how the people of London responded calmly and bravely."

He said the hearts of New Yorkers would go out to Londoners.

"We feel a tremendous empathy with them. I think every New Yorker would join me in saying we feel we very much understand what you are going through," he said.
    "In a strange way a lot of our response to September 11 was modelling ourselves as much as we could on the people of London during the Second World War and the incredible way they withstood the attacks during the battle of Britain."
    Ironic and sad as well.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Faith may be famous one day Faith may be famous one day Faith's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm feeling a lot of anger right now and there are a lot of strong words that I could say about it. I just don't understand why innocent people have to die just beacuse obsure so-called religious nuts proclaim that they are doing the work of their god. I was myself on the tube only a few weeks ago and this just feels unreal.

Death is to lighter punishment for scum.
    Second star to the right- carry on till morning....

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks

I hope these attacks don't continue. =/ It kind of makes me anxious to wonder who might be next... And if they just attacked London, well, Canada's a pretty close ally with them.

I fear to think about how this could easily turn into a war of epic proportions... if the Al Qaeda keeps provoking world powers and their allies, this could turn nasty.

Not to mention that this is going to increase discrimination against Arabs/Middle Easterners. =/ *sigh* What an angry world we live in.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Canada wasen't involved with Iraq...but we were with Afghanistan so I dunno... It wouldn't really surprise me if one day it does happen...and I'm living in the city that probably would end up getting attacked. :|

Anyways, my thoughts go out to the people in London. I wouldn't blame them if they pulled out of the war (which I personally don't agree with in the first place anyways). The UK needs to do what's best for itself and its citizens right now.

Newbie Faith may be famous one day Faith may be famous one day Faith's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that they will pull out, I think that this is going to make people come together. Us brits will go down fighting
    Second star to the right- carry on till morning....

Otaku winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell may be famous one day winryrockbell's Avatar
    Thanks

I heard about this on radio. I hope everythign there is ok. I'm scared.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast