Thread: Long Holidays, students your take on this.

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Long Holidays, students your take on this.

Why can't all Industries have holidays like Macdonald? I mean others have important things to take care of. Sometime Christmas or winter breaks can be way too long! Can't other huge company see that "their" customers want things done before whatever due date arrive? (Like for Ex: Scholarships) & here the company say that the students need to hurry and apply. Don't they ever think our government gave us holidays & it's putting us aside until regular business days. That slows the process...

So what do you all think about this & does it even bother you or never thought about it until this thread? In my opinion, I just find that very annoying & wanted to point that out.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Long Holidays, students your take on this.

what kind of holidays does McDonald's have?

There's actually a movement now where a whole bunch of places stay open for Christmas and the such, without giving all employees a one day holiday at the very least. I know that Shell has ALL of its stores open over the holidays, and on Christmas the stores have to be open during the day, for a minimum of 4 hours, which they are planning to change to 'all day.' Hopefully it doesn't go through though.

As for scholarships and the such, is it crunch time over there for ya? Luckily I haven't taken out a scholarship yet, so haven't had to deal with them.......the unfortunate side is that I can rarely afford a full term of classes...which is 5 classes per term, at 500 bucks a pop=very expensive. So for the past while I've only been taking around 3 courses per term at most. LAST term I took 4 courses, and it came to almost $3000 bucks....very, very hurtin.

Pretty much ya just have to try and stay ahead of the game when it comes to dealing with that sorta stuff. I know soooo many people who have been screwed over because scholarship stuff didn't go through in time, and whatnot, and they've been left in the dark until the next time to apply. One guy I knew applied for scholarships, and because of some bureaucratic red tape he didn't recieve the money until AFTER the term. I'm not surprised if he lived on cat food to feed him through the school year, in order to pay for the tuition.

Newbie Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit may be famous one day Starspirit's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chubz
    what kind of holidays does McDonald's have?

There's actually a movement now where a whole bunch of places stay open for Christmas and the such, without giving all employees a one day holiday at the very least. I know that Shell has ALL of its stores open over the holidays, and on Christmas the stores have to be open during the day, for a minimum of 4 hours, which they are planning to change to 'all day.' Hopefully it doesn't go through though.

As for scholarships and the such, is it crunch time over there for ya? Luckily I haven't taken out a scholarship yet, so haven't had to deal with them.......the unfortunate side is that I can rarely afford a full term of classes...which is 5 classes per term, at 500 bucks a pop=very expensive. So for the past while I've only been taking around 3 courses per term at most. LAST term I took 4 courses, and it came to almost $3000 bucks....very, very hurtin.

Pretty much ya just have to try and stay ahead of the game when it comes to dealing with that sorta stuff. I know soooo many people who have been screwed over because scholarship stuff didn't go through in time, and whatnot, and they've been left in the dark until the next time to apply. One guy I knew applied for scholarships, and because of some bureaucratic red tape he didn't recieve the money until AFTER the term. I'm not surprised if he lived on cat food to feed him through the school year, in order to pay for the tuition.
    Well See, our McDonald hrs are pretty much different where I live. And since I live on the Native Reservation things have been pretty slow, which is probably why I created this thread. I mean I guess it depends on where the person lives, and wanted to know if others are dealing with this problem...

But Scholarships have been a pain in the "bleep" for me, since our holidays are way too long! Even for the post offices here, but finally today most stores are opening today, it's a big relief, but admitting our applications has it arrive on time before the due dates? So living in the native reservation our holidays should be changing as well, since we're on the American land.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, I guess if you're stuck in a small community then everything would pretty much close down for the holidays. You'd think that the inner-workings of the post office would have someone getting letters ready to be shipped, or else they'd be behind for well over a week? Granted, they'd have to give employees time off though.

Well hopefully the scholarship places haven't put their due-dates too close to the holidays, because they'd have to know full well that there would be a high amount of traffic, and if the post offices closed down, then the mail wouldn't move for quite awhile. Does it say if they give you a grace period for gettin the scholarships in?

Newbie nosferateau may be famous one day nosferateau may be famous one day nosferateau's Avatar
    Thanks

Yes i do find it annoying, and no i didn't think of it before this thread. and what McHolidays are there? I worked there and i was still unaware of them.