Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Longest running anime

Newbie ryan_logan360 may be famous one day ryan_logan360 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Longest running anime

Hay what is the longest running anime? I had always thought it was DBZ but then I heard detective conan has over 400 eps. Is that true? What other animes have a huge number of eps?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Longest running anime

I think Detective Conan wins the race, the longest one that I have heard of. But, Inuyasha and Naruto are kind of long as well. If the series is very good, I don't mind if they are long......................

Newbie Keitarou may be famous one day Keitarou may be famous one day
    Thanks

Sazae-san has ~1875 episodes, still running since 1969. It's the most known tv show in Japan with ratings between 30 and 40 percent.

Doraemon has a pilot series from 1973 with 27 episodes and a series which was running from 1979 until october of this year, when it was replaced by a "new voices" version. They finally replaced the voice actors and took it as the beginning of a new Doraemon series. Not counting all the specials and movies etc. it has about 1400 episodes up to date.

Chibi Maruko-chan had as well two series, the first one running '90-'92 with 142 episodes and a 2nd starting in 1995, which is still running. Makes it ~700 episodes long.

And there's a fourth series which should rival Maruko in terms of total episodes and iirc still running, I forgot the name though... -_-

Other than that there was Manga Nihon Mukashi Banashi (Japan Folk Tales), running first 1975 as a pilot series and then from 1976-1994. It has ~1400 episodes as well and this october a remake did start airing, this one is scheduled for 40 episodes iirc.

Meitantei Conan as mentioned before, has its 422nd episode airing the next week making it one of the longest currently/ever running series and being beaten in popularity only by the two first mentioned series.

Then there's the usual shounen/shoujo morning stuff, like Doremi (with various series/seasons running since 1999 - making it ~350 episodes long), Pokemon (various series, advance still running - 430 episodes so far), Rockman.exe (since '02 - ~170 episodes), Wagamama Fairy Mirumo de Pon (since '02 - ~170 episodes), Zoids (several series with different cast running since '99, 67+26+26 episodes and current, Genesis, is at 33 and will probably run for 52), Konjiki no Gash Bell (120+ episodes).

Newbie ryan_logan360 may be famous one day ryan_logan360 may be famous one day
    Thanks

WOW I had no idea there were animes running that many eps. If they are that popular we should have them air over here.

Vampire Prince Archery 2000 Champion kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei may be famous one day kakashi_sensei's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrow Re: Longest running anime

i believe naruto has several episodes too....161 so far! and there are more since they havent find sasuke yet! .....naruto is going to become like DBZ naruto is will grow up and fight lots of new enemies!(in my opinion)

-el gangster fino

Otaku Creesco may be famous one day Creesco may be famous one day Creesco's Avatar
    Thanks

What about Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT? That shows seems to never end.

Full Metal Alchemist sucks. Wanna try and prove me wrong?
    www.creesco.com
    We have nothing else to do except rate your grammar.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Creesco
    What about Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball Z, and Dragon Ball GT? That shows seems to never end.
    It's already ended with a meager count of 400 some episodes altogether.

It's got nothing on the likes of the shows mentioned above by Keitarou.

Newbie Keitarou may be famous one day Keitarou may be famous one day
    Thanks

Yep, episode 478 was the last one iirc (db: 123 z: 291 gt: 64) and there won't be any more of it (luckily). It's probably still amongst the 20 longest series, or even 10.

Naruto (161 so far), One Piece (250 so far) and Bleach (59 so far) will probably reach those heights as well or even go beyond. Shounen stuff tends to be long-running.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast