Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Lord of the Ring!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    Bah! Legolas is a woman! A woman, I tell you!

Gimli is the awesome.
    Gimli is the mannn, lotr is preetty awesome. But i'd have to i like the 2nd film the best.. I don't know why.. I think it was all the archers and stuff .
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    Meh. Alan Lee and John Howe are the art Gods! Howard Shore's sound track is increadable too and of course Tolkein is pure inspiration. The first time around I found his writing too hard to understand, I couldn't picture it well but I re-read it just after the first movie came out and was much more taken with it.

I agree Legolas is too girly. Viggo and the guy who plays Faramir are MUCH more interesting

It was awesome as a film, I now have much higher standards. I want to be taken on an emmotional ride. The battles were very well staged, mostly because they were staggered and there were not too many long shots of the same thing.

There are still some issues I have with it but people will, they all have their own interpretation of it...

I hate it when people complain that Frodo and Sam looked gay. This man was in the first world war, the people he knew and loved died, it's only when you're going through such a painfull time that you grasp how important life and love is. It's only society that tells us it's not right for people to show their affection for each other unless it's a man and a women in a sexual manner, which is very sad, and very stupid.
    Faramir was hot. I understand what you're saying. But I just think they were gay because of the whole "Mr. Frodo.." thing. I know in the book he was older than him.
    Seduced by Flesh

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mamimi_rue
    Ehhhhhh. The movie sucked in my opinion. If you have read all of the original books, and the Lost Tales, you would see what a awesome imagination J. R. R. Tolkien had. I think the movie was completely overrated, if you haven't even read the books, you basically know about 15% of the story. I would think if ya love the movie, read the books and enjoy.
    It's pretty logical that the books are better, there are very few movies/series/anime which are actually better than the books/manga/ they were based on.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Probably one of the best trilogies of all time for sure....if there is a weak link in the series i'd have to say its The Two Towers. Its really good and all but it just really didnt do it for me as much as fellowship and r.o.t.k did.....

Newbie Vancross may be famous one day Vancross may be famous one day Vancross's Avatar
    Thanks
    Id say the books were rather enlightening storywise, but i have to say i definitely enjoyed return of the king; the battle of pelenor fields was most memorable.

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    The story though, as you know, is about so much more than that. It's about life. Lord of the Rings wasn't so much a story as it was about observations of Tolkein's life binded together in a fantasy setting for which he and his friends loved so much.
    Yes, one of the more proposed theories as to what he is actually talking about is Agriculture vs. Industry. I mean if you think of it, all the nations of good respected nature. Dwarves are the only ones that really don't fit into this, but still the dwarves never harmed nature, they just lived underground instead. They did rever the nature of the minerals and such that could be found within their mountains. The main character was from a peace, and rural loving poeple.

The evil nations were always shown laboring over furnaces and making armor and weapons. They destroyed everything they came across, without second thought, and were only concerned with themselves and making progression in their tasks.

I also liked the movies. I haven't read the books yet, so I probably shouldn't be the one talking about what Tolkein was trying to portay. I have read the Hobbit though, haha.

Oh and for all of you that do read Tolkein's books I must make you aware of one called the Silmarillion. It's supposed to be the one book that puts everything into perspective. I haven't read it though, it's just what I've heard.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Otaku Rodion may be famous one day Rodion may be famous one day Rodion's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragor
    Yes, one of the more proposed theories as to what he is actually talking about is Agriculture vs. Industry. I mean if you think of it, all the nations of good respected nature. Dwarves are the only ones that really don't fit into this, but still the dwarves never harmed nature, they just lived underground instead. They did rever the nature of the minerals and such that could be found within their mountains. The main character was from a peace, and rural loving poeple.

The evil nations were always shown laboring over furnaces and making armor and weapons. They destroyed everything they came across, without second thought, and were only concerned with themselves and making progression in their tasks.

I also liked the movies. I haven't read the books yet, so I probably shouldn't be the one talking about what Tolkein was trying to portay. I have read the Hobbit though, haha.

Oh and for all of you that do read Tolkein's books I must make you aware of one called the Silmarillion. It's supposed to be the one book that puts everything into perspective. I haven't read it though, it's just what I've heard.
    I have Silmarillion. It talks of a time and age well before the 3rd/4th age. The main items of interest in the story are the Silmarils, powerful gems...basically its the "rings story" all over again, but this time, it's a prequel and its the gems and not the rings that hold power. But it does talk about how the rings of power came to be, and also how Sauron rose to power when he still physically walked the realms. But if you expect the Silmarillion to be a similar read like the trilogy, you will be disappointed--it's more like a "documentary film" (narrative/descriptive essayish format) rather than an epic tale. The Appendices are a treasure trove if you a "Tolkien Scholar" though.

-RODION
    Last edited by Rodion; Jan 11, 2005 at 09:44 PM.
    "Reserve your right to think, for even to think wrongly is better than not to think at all."
    - Hypatia of Alexandria

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Red face

L.O.T.R was a cool trilogy!!!! Orli is soo goregous!!!! Was the really the main reason for watching the films! The films were so cool watch, although it was kind of close to the books. It still had me entertained! The second book is the hardest to get into so i am still in the reading stage!

"The Problem is choice"
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast