Thread: Lost Cartoons Movies

Newbie ToysArent4Us may be famous one day ToysArent4Us may be famous one day
    Thanks

Lost Cartoon Movies

For those of the older age(I am speaking of 16 and older), do you remember watching a movie or cartoon when you were younger, but never knew the title or only remember certain parts of the movie that makes it hard for you to remember what you've seen. What I am talking about are "Lost Movies" or "Lost Cartoons," which most turn up to be anime. A lot of people get these and I had a few. I have found all of mine except for one and I need help in finding it:

Okay, I will start off with my first and easiest "Lost Cartoon" I found. It was Kiki's Delivery Service and I didn't relise it until the Disney version came out on DVD. Now it has become one of my favorite anime ever, just because it had an impact on me as a kid that I actually didn't know. lol, kind of funny? Now after watching this movie for the second time I relised that I had a few other "Lost Movies" that I just had to search for.

Second was The Secret of Nymph. As a kid I loved little cuddily rodents like mice and hamsters not because of this movie but others like An American Tale. But the thing was I remembered a scene where lab rats were being killed and it was sad but I didn't know what cartoon it was from.

Third(and it was hard to find until I looked up Miyazaki's filmography) was My Neighbor Totoro and I truly love this movie. It was so mysterious and gave me a hunger for adventure when I was a child, but I never knew the movie too well until I saw it again a couple of weeks ago.

Fourth and the last and the only one I seem to can't find is based on the novel, Water Gateway, I think. I am not sure but I know it is off a child's story and my dad rented it and had the family watched it and it was about a group of rabbits trying to find a new home. That's all I know and if anyone knows what I am talking about, then please post everything you know about the movie.

Well, I hope we can have a fun time posting up your "Lost Movies/Cartoons" and help each other out. Thanks.
    Last edited by ToysArent4Us; Jul 05, 2005 at 06:45 AM.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lost Cartoons Movies

Quote Originally Posted by ToysArent4Us

Second was The Secret of Nymph. As a kid I loved little cuddily rodents like mice and hamsters not because of this movie but others like An American Tale. But the thing was I remembered a scene where lab rats were being killed and it was sad but I didn't know what cartoon it was from.
    Yes, that was a movie I remembered. But I never knew the name, that and I believe it was called, "The Penguin and the Jewel." Something like that. Those two movies I never remembered the title of until I saw the movie again.
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

the never ending story part 1.... though it wasn't a carton it had cartoonish characters that i loved >_<!!! My neighbor totoro is awesome; an i also liked american tale. Another is the pagemaster.... though half half cartoon and half real it was a good movie... I mean... a pirate that looks like a book... don't get much better than that.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

When I was a little kid, I remember watching Nadia: Secret of Blue Water in Spain, but I never remembered what it was, until a few years ago, when I saw the series for sale in an anime shop.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Not a 'Pure' Anime/Manga subject topic... Moving to Sensory Pleasures...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lost Cartoon Movies

Quote Originally Posted by ToysArent4Us
    Second was The Secret of Nymph.
    You loved it so much that you can't even remember the title. It's The Secret of N.I.M.H.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Otaku sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9 may be famous one day sukotsu9's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lost Cartoon Movies

I couldn't remember for my life what the cartoon was called that had a giant battleship with the awesome-yet-self destructive "wave motion cannon" until I saw some anime website add featuring "Space Battleship Yamato". A quick websearch and my childhood of watching "Star Blazers" after school was revisited. Every battleship I drew as a kid had to have the wave motion gun! Ridiculous anime from the golden era.